BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 06-09-2019, 05:06 PM
BP Staff

In fairness, I guess Yedlin and Brooks are both hurt and Adams hasnít joined the team yet, so heís only got 1/4 of his real first choice back four right now. Still, itís damned disheartening when youíre playing scrub teams in friendlies and look this out of it.

I guess the thing that really bugs me is they didnít play hard these past couple of games. Thereís no energy in the program at the moment and these last two games looked like guys going through the motions.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:19 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

What do you guys make of the USWNT criticism for their celebrations against Thailand? I find it pretty ridiculous. Yeah, they could have stopped the over the top celebrations. But are we seriously getting upset over celebrating goals in the World Cup?
Old 06-12-2019, 09:55 AM

It was a bit much. Spain's men crushed Tahiti 10-0 and their celebrations were far more subdued after a certain point.

Scoring that many goals is totally fair game though, especially when goal difference is a consideration.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:40 PM
BP Staff

Hoek kind of suggested this a year ago, but...

Julien Gressel says heís open to playing for the USMNT. Married an American girl and played his college and club soccer here.

Iíd already be heavily scouting Miles Robinson off Atlantaís roster if I were Berhalter.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:27 PM
BP Staff

Guyana is nobody, but...

Lord does the US look better with Pulisic pushing the pace.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:20 PM
BP Staff

USA crushes T&T 6-0.

Pulisic is the difference.

When Tata Martino was managing Atlanta he said he respected Columbus under Berhalter because he thought their system, stylistically, was very similar to what Atlanta was doing. The key to the whole thing in Atlanta was the pace that Miguel Almiron had. His ability to play the game at a high speed with the ball at his feet backed off defenses and created tons of space for everyone on the team, especially Josef Martinez.

Pulisic does that for USA. He's got such an ability to threaten defenders with speed and the sharpness of his cuts with the ball at his feet he's creating tons of space for his teammates. They're a completely different team with him versus without him.

IMO.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:48 PM

I was able to watch on my phone while riding the train in Japan. That was a great game, particularly in the second half where the wing play really picked up. Overlapping runs and quick transitions galore. Things are starting to click.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:04 PM

Argentina outplays Brazil most of the game but hit the woodwork twice while they get tap ins, both aided by uncalled fouls, the latter a clear penalty that was not reviewed by VAR. Then there was second penalty also not reviewed by VAR. In fact, VAR wasn't used once in the biggest game in the tournament! Even though we had VAR after VAR decision in the rest of the quarterfinals. Extremely suspicious officiating overall. Dani Alves should have gotten a second yellow and been ejected before the 2nd goal as well. It was so bad that Messi, who pretty much never mentions officating, called them out after the game. Have to take the moral victory I guess.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Apparently the VAR officials told the ref he needed to look at the penalties and he didn't. Unfreakingbelievable. CONMEBOL is such a farce.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:30 PM
BP Staff

So do we think the US has the juice to win the championship against Mexico in the Gold Cup? They looked amazing until the lightning delay against Jamaica.

Like I said, they're a completely different team with Pulisic.