BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

So apparently Nike pulled their "Betsy Ross" shoe design from stores yesterday because it had an American flag on it and Kaepernick said the shoe company should not associate itself with a symbol that he and others find offensive. That's right, the original 13 colonies flag, is now seen as a symbol of racism. This video just highlights how people are looking for ways to be offended.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

How many of you still want to hitch yourself to this CK? This would be a great time for Zeyk to come back from hiatus and make more excuses for him.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:51 PM

Apparently that particular flag has been appropriated by white supremacists? I don't know because I haven't seen it. Regardless I'm not sure the response is to let them have it unchallenged.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
So apparently Nike pulled their "Betsy Ross" shoe design from stores yesterday because it had an American flag on it and Kaepernick said the shoe company should not associate itself with a symbol that he and others find offensive. That's right, the original 13 colonies flag, is now seen as a symbol of racism. This video just highlights how people are looking for ways to be offended.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

How many of you still want to hitch yourself to this CK? This would be a great time for Zeyk to come back from hiatus and make more excuses for him.
hmmm. Not to be crass or anything, but it sounds like YOU are offended...Eh? Think about it...Faux news has been all over this Nike move. Me, I think it's a dumb move by Nike, but I'm not "offended" or pissed off at either Kap or Nike.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Apparently that particular flag has been appropriated by white supremacists? I don't know because I haven't seen it. Regardless I'm not sure the response is to let them have it unchallenged.
I read something similar, and I see it same as you. Censoring traditionally patriotic icons and symbols because they are getting tread in some bad areas isn't cool. An extreme example is the KKK burning crosses.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
hmmm. Not to be crass or anything, but it sounds like YOU are offended...Eh? Think about it...Faux news has been all over this Nike move. Me, I think it's a dumb move by Nike, but I'm not "offended" or pissed off at either Kap or Nike.
I don't use Fox as a barometer for what I should or shouldn't be offended by.

Kapernick was part of a large discussion had on here about a year ago, I just make sure I don't miss opportunities to make sure that those who made him out to be a selfless downtrodden champion for minorities feel foolish.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Cooper's Law

Everything is polarized. Everything is politicized. Just take a break from it now and again. Getting triggered by all thinks Kaepernick is just you wasting your own energy.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Everything is polarized. Everything is politicized. Just take a break from it now and again. Getting triggered by all thinks Kaepernick is just you wasting your own energy.
No one's triggered man
Old 07-04-2019, 12:07 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTdi View Post
I don't know why I'm even bothering, but, did you even read the article? If you did then the logic behind the comparison flew right over your head.

Also, do you think Trump really gives a F about the Israelis? If the association wasn't directly benefiting him or his family, either via ego-stroking or raw financial considerations, then he wouldn't give a rat's ass about them.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Cooper's Law

It’s time to call these pro-detention camp creatures like WW and TDI by another name: Nazis
Old 07-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Damn. Forgot to mu vcr to record the beautiful new Sherman tanks rolling up Pennsylvania Ave.