BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

Our goal differential is stunning this season something like 306 GF and 206 GA for 100 Diff. We are #1 and it shows.

Carolina has the same GA at 206 as us.
They are a wild card last I looked.
The Isles are a stingy 184 GA. Diff 28
Dallas 188 GA ...their Diff 5
Boston 194 GA Diff 43
Currently all the above playoff teams.

We are amazing offensively, just... good... defensively.
I see a trend I don't like..,..and like I said before its just not the last game.
Vasi and Dom have been outstanding.

So, what I am worried about is like I posted before, average team forechecks the heck out of us and keeps our guns playing in our end of the ice.
They get a timely goal or two, and suddenly you got a series when on paper they have no business hanging with us.
Tighten up the slot coverage, and if you have to make a choice, let them have the corners and walls if necessary but not the slot.
Scott Stevens and others made a living defending his turf.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:29 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
So, what I am worried about is like I posted before, average team forechecks the heck out of us and keeps our guns playing in our end of the ice.
They get a timely goal or two, and suddenly you got a series when on paper they have no business hanging with us.
Tighten up the slot coverage, and if you have to make a choice, let them have the corners and walls if necessary but not the slot.
This concern would apply to all teams in the playoffs. What Zeyk keeps driving at is what is the danger to the Lightning, specifically, that you would see as a systemic issue.

Your cherry picked GA puts them third in the East, and 7th overall. Much better than good.

Last edited by dannybolt; 03-26-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:08 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Maybe this is more a problem with the highlights that NHL.com is choosing to show.

I think we'd all be better served if instead of goals, scoring chances, and defensive breakdowns, the Condensed Games were just 6 straight minutes of teams failing to get out of the neutral zone.

Only then can we truly begin to assess what's really going on.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:42 PM
Cooper's Law

This is a conversation based on someone’s misunderstanding of the game of hockey and, more importantly, the CONTEXT of what happens when a historically great team has a historically great offense. Gee whiz, what a surprise, they give up more total goals against when they’re up by 3 or 4 so often. But keep watching your glorified highlights package and telling the rest of us how worried you are about something that’s just a fact of the game. In fact, go watch Islanders condensed games. I bet they give up chances in the slot, too. Shocking!