BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-07-2020, 01:24 PM
BP Staff

Stay inside and stay safe, my friends.

Quote:
In Florida, 43 hospital ICU’s in 21 counties have hit capacity and show zero ICU beds available, according to data released by the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). This includes hospitals in the following counties:

Miami-Dade (which includes the city of Miami)
Broward (which includes Fort Lauderdale)
Hillsborough (which includes Tampa)
Orange (which includes Orlando)

Another 32 hospitals show ICU bed availability of 10% or less, per the AHCA data.
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...9295ea95f5afcc
Old 07-07-2020, 01:30 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
“Palm Beach County children are showing long-term lung damage from COVID-19.”

“‘When we take X-rays of kids, even if they don’t have symptoms, there are changes in the lungs,‘ Alonso said. ’We have no idea what the long-term damage will look like.’”
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2...edium=referral
Old 07-07-2020, 01:35 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Trump’s niece Mary writes that the president paid someone to take the SATs for him. She also says Trump went and saw a movie rather than be in the hospital with his brother the night of his death.
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/...644794881?s=20
Old 07-07-2020, 02:07 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Teachers and students are fucked
Old 07-07-2020, 02:50 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Teachers and students are fucked
Families of students as well. It's not much of a stretch to assume that your kids might bring it home and spread it to the rest of the family.

I don't know what the fuck the Florida DoE is thinking, here. There's going to be a lot of enraged parents, if my circle of fellow parents is any indication.

What's the over/under on how long it will take for schools to see COVID blooms inside the schools, pushing everyone back to online learning. Two weeks? A month?

From what I gather the best the state can offer is try to remind your kid to wear a mask (although they won't be required from what I'm hearing), try not get breathed on, and cross your fingers.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:05 PM

My daughter is seriously (I hope) considering quitting and home schooling. She is a PA and will easily find another position at a later date.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Families of students as well. It's not much of a stretch to assume that your kids might bring it home and spread it to the rest of the family.

I don't know what the fuck the Florida DoE is thinking, here. There's going to be a lot of enraged parents, if my circle of fellow parents is any indication.

What's the over/under on how long it will take for schools to see COVID blooms inside the schools, pushing everyone back to online learning. Two weeks? A month?

From what I gather the best the state can offer is try to remind your kid to wear a mask (although they won't be required from what I'm hearing), try not get breathed on, and cross your fingers.
Everyone's families, this shit is going to spread like wildfire. You're sending immature and irresponsible youth off to hunker down for hours in these germ bunkers and asking them not to take off their mask, stand 6 feet from one another, and to avoid touching. Teaching is already a daunting task. I'll do what I can but I'm already trying to prepare myself mentally for what happens when my students start getting sick and I send them off to kill grandpa and grandma.

Maybe I am over reacting and my class sizes will be a lot smaller and more manageable and there will be a proper safety plan put into place and kids will take this seriously.

We are so fucked
Old 07-07-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Everyone's families, this shit is going to spread like wildfire. You're sending immature and irresponsible youth off to hunker down for hours in these germ bunkers and asking them not to take off their mask, stand 6 feet from one another, and to avoid touching. Teaching is already a daunting task. I'll do what I can but I'm already trying to prepare myself mentally for what happens when my students start getting sick and I send them off to kill grandpa and grandma.

Maybe I am over reacting and my class sizes will be a lot smaller and more manageable and there will be a proper safety plan put into place and kids will take this seriously.

We are so fucked
You’re right to be afraid.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:53 PM

Our kids die so that Herr Trump can be appeased.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:10 PM

Social media is a shit storm with people hating on teachers. Wish I never switched majors, I feel like I could have done more good for the world as something else with the added benefit of keeping my sanity.