BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Send a message via AIM to Sean

Now that Bishop is here we'll probably pull out enough points to put ourselves outside of a top 3 pick. #failatfailing
Old 04-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

So much for that faint glimmer of hope. Let's just try to work on some things like our power play.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

We need Hedman back.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

If Stamkos wants to be in the conversation for best player in the world he needs to start showing up for big games. He hasn't been very visible for the last couple of games, all of them pretty much do-or-die. That's beginning to be a concern for me.

On the plus side, Carle seems to be doing better in Cooper's system. The team seems to be playing better, even if the returns have only been marginally better thus far.

Also: How the hell is Winnipeg 6 points ahead of us, with a -22 goal differential? Unreal.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM
BP Staff

Bishop looks damned near impossible to beat in close, but much like Brodeur he looks like he might be weaker from range. I'm still quite satisfied with how he's performed thus far. We lost 2 1-goal games on the road without Hedman. I'd have expected to get blown out by 3 goals a night under that circumstance a month ago.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Cooper's Law

Default Stammer

Stammer is not getting much open ice and the clutching and grabbing is unreal. Every time he gets the puck three people are on top of him,making it near impossible for him to get a shot. For whatever reason he is moving towards the side boards and not center ice thus giving the D the opportunity to push him toward the wall. When other people shoot, a la Marty, it will open up the ice for him along with the refs calling some of fouls on the opposition. I think he is very frustrated with this, the penalty he took last night was a frustration penalty, he was being grabbed and so he grabbed and threw the guy off, then gets even more frustrated when he gets called and the other guy walks. I just hope he is not thinking about how other stars are treated with more respect, like Crosby, and that if he played with the leafs or other team he might get more calls. Cooper has abig job ahead of him, how to get his sniper more open ice as well as turn this team around.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Cooper's Law

On the bright side, Killorn's 5-hole smoothness netted him Top Play of the Night on NHLN...plus it was nice seeing the OTHER team give up a goal in the 1st minute or so, boy is that ever a nice change of pace. Good to see Vinny back to scoring

Not sure why other teams can clutch & grab us at will, but on any given night we can pick up an "interference" call for checking the puck carrier...
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
We need Hedman back.
We need defensemen that can play defense. It's not like when Hedman was healthy we were a pillar of defensive stability. The team is showing more fight, but our d is so brutaly bad. I think I'm subscribing to the addition by subtraction theory this offseason (get rid of Brewer/I'd love to get rid of Carle as well), and then let Cooper instill an actual system in the offseason. I like what Cooper is getting out of the players even with Stamkos cooling a bit recently, and I'm a big fan of seeing Stamkos/Marty go down 4-5 minutes per game (they were way overworked with Guy).
Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Swedish Battle Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
We need defensemen that can play defense. It's not like when Hedman was healthy we were a pillar of defensive stability. The team is showing more fight, but our d is so brutaly bad. I think I'm subscribing to the addition by subtraction theory this offseason (get rid of Brewer/I'd love to get rid of Carle as well), and then let Cooper instill an actual system in the offseason. I like what Cooper is getting out of the players even with Stamkos cooling a bit recently, and I'm a big fan of seeing Stamkos/Marty go down 4-5 minutes per game (they were way overworked with Guy).
I think that if Ohlund retires you use that money to go after a real #1. Problem is that with the next season comes a CAP reduction. We will have to move a player or two to make it work. Then you have Hedman and the #1 which then causes everyone else to play their assigned slots. Brewer is not a #1 but I would keep him for a good #2 pairing.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 AM
BP Staff

Hedman will be our #1. For every 1 bad play he makes that gets him crucified here, he makes 4-5 good ones, and he's getting way more assertive offensively under Cooper. That guy is liable to have a 50-60 point season en route to his first All-Star selection next year.

Oh, and he doesn't turn 23 until December, so c'mon. Get off the kid's back. You see how much the shots against go up when he is out of the lineup.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.