BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Don't know why we kept Bishop in the game other than to spare his ego, but let's rest the guy already.
This, this, and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Unless there is another angle, it shouldn't have even been a penalty. It looked like he ran into Gudas.
...this. Having watched the replays over and over in slow motion, you have two guys going for the puck...Gudas cleanly wins the race, "targeting" only the puck, doesn't change his skate angle, doesn't elevate the elbow, and GETS THE PUCK, while Roussel is a step behind so he bends over at the waist, lunges face-first at the puck, and bumps into Gudas....whose sole "target" once again is the PUCK. It begins and ends there. This is just how the game of hockey is played, and it's unfortunate but guys collide sometimes. We're all glad Roussel is uninjured, but with Gudas improperly ejected over a simple collision and unable to defend against him, he's free to go on and score a goal. Sad. This not only wasn't a match penalty, it wasn't a minor, not even a whistle, since the Lightning still had the puck. Candy-ass knee-jerk officiating strikes again. (Props to the Bolts for outshooting the opponent for the 2nd night in a row, killing off both a major and a double minor.)

Speaking of sad, WTF has happened to Ben Bishop? Is he just worn out? I thought sure as fuck after that debacle vs. CGY he'd get some time off. Good grief, it's like the instant we secured a playoff berth, it's ::contented sigh, dusting hands off:: "Whelp,...my work is done here, got the Vez in the bag, where's my champagne?" His golden carriage turned back into a pumpkin, and he's on his knees helpless...may as well be holding Cinderella's scrub brush instead of a hockey stick. I can't shrug this off as "just a coupla rough games." This has to be the worst timing EVER for a slump to hit a team's best player. Hope to God he returns to superhuman status in time for the 1st round, or that is gonna be the quickest series imaginable. This is not a balanced enough team, with reliable enough defense, that merely "solid" or "decent" goaltending will get them anywhere. They need him to be his normal 1st Star of the Game self, every single night, or forget it. Right now he's barely playing well enough to steal them a period, let alone a playoff series. Making a bunch of mental mistakes you'd expect of a star-struck rookie who's in over his head, not a guy who WAS in serious conversation for the Vezina.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Paul Ysebaert's Kwik Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
None of his mistakes hurt the team tonight. Purcell, Filppula, and Stamkos need to stop f'ing turning the puck over and need to lead by example by being harder on the puck along the wall in their own 2/3 of the rink and they need to be willing to take a bump to make a play and they need to not be stupid with the puck. It's not Brown or Killorn or Kucherov who are screwing up. It's veterans who are overhandling when they have the puck and not minding their p's and q's when they don't.
While his penalties did not directly lead to a goal, I believe that his double minor high stick was the end of the lightning's momentum for the night. I think that very much qualifies as hurting the team. Yeah they killed it but they were in the midst of a very strong period and he pulled the rug out from under them.

I don't disagree with you about the other issue with vets at all, but Malone is adding nothing except in the room and I don't think that is the place this team needs the help.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Unless there is another angle, it shouldn't have even been a penalty. It looked like he ran into Gudas.
Just watched the replay; 5 minutes for being Radko Gudas, again. Fuck, I hate that bullshit so much...
Old 04-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

As expected no additional discipline for Gudas.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
As expected no additional discipline for Gudas.
Is that from the DC tweet in which he is quoting what Yzerman thinks the league will do as I have not seen anything official yet.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
According to the league there is no hearing scheduled regarding Radko Gudas' match penalty from last night
Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Perhaps the worst game for Filppula thus far in his short career for TBL. Agree with Pete, that along with Val, Stamkos and Purcell were horrible turnover machines.

I'm tired or Malone's one or two obligatory hooking/holding penalties in his 12m of ice time.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Perhaps the worst game for Filppula thus far in his short career for TBL. Agree with Pete, that along with Val, Stamkos and Purcell were horrible turnover machines.

I'm tired or Malone's one or two obligatory hooking/holding penalties in his 12m of ice time.
Tim, he has been taking terrible penalty's ever since he has been here.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
According to the league there is no hearing scheduled regarding Radko Gudas' match penalty from last night
Great news. After watching the replay several times it was an awful call that did not deserve 5 minutes. But going for the puck with one hunching over and gets hit.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:25 PM

I hope it isn't considered as part of his record in future cases.