BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
5 hits and a goal in just under 7 minutes of ice time-I would say he is playing a motivated game.
And according to the TV stats he ended the night with 7 hits. He had one heck of a game.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Rest

Getting rest always improves your game.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:13 AM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Was nice to see Cally play and play well. I think he has a lot of upside value to this team in the playoffs. I feel like you will get proverbial 110% effort from him when he plays because it's pretty obvious he won't be back next season and any time he plays...he will be amped up. Dont want anyone getting hurt for sure...but I dont think we could hope for a better depth scenario...GO BOLTS!!!

So Stoked for the Playoffs!!!!
Old 03-27-2019, 01:43 PM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizman View Post
Was nice to see Cally play and play well. I think he has a lot of upside value to this team in the playoffs. I feel like you will get proverbial 110% effort from him when he plays because it's pretty obvious he won't be back next season and any time he plays...he will be amped up. Dont want anyone getting hurt for sure...but I dont think we could hope for a better depth scenario...GO BOLTS!!!

So Stoked for the Playoffs!!!!
Think Cally has earned his spot back from Erne for the playoffs. That pass on Stamkos's 40th, dude still got the skill and vision. The Carolina game, great deflection but also had 5 SOG and 7 Hits in that game.

As per next season should be able to help a ton of teams out there, and will find a resurgence with someone who can give him the ice time. I don't think this will be his last playoff run, can see him going to a bubble team looking to make a push next season, but this will be his last good shot at a cup, and he likely knows it, which will make his work ethics and effort 10X more.

Last edited by Nick of Time; 03-27-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick of Time View Post
Think Cally has earned his spot back from Erne for the playoffs. That pass on Stamkos's 40th, dude still got the skill and vision.

As per next season should be able to help a ton of teams out there, and will find a resurgence with someone who can give him the ice time.
I think his experience will be definitely needed in the playoffs but not necessarily as a replacement for Erne...I think it will depend on match-ups and how often Joseph keeps getting rocked. Playing Cally every 3 games or so would give him full-throttle opportunities and a real lift for the team as he contributes...

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 03-27-2019, 01:54 PM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTdi View Post
I think his experience will be definitely needed in the playoffs but not necessarily as a replacement for Erne...I think it will depend on match-ups and how often Joseph keeps getting rocked. Playing Cally every 3 games or so would give him full-throttle opportunities and a real lift for the team as he contributes...

I feel he has earned at least a rotation for the playoffs. Of course I want to see him in every game, but you sit him every 3rd game, should be more than sufficient to keep him sharp and rested.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:10 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Think Cally has earned his spot back from Erne for the playoffs. That pass on Stamkos's 40th, dude still got the skill and vision. The Carolina game, great deflection but also had 5 SOG and 7 Hits in that game.

As per next season should be able to help a ton of teams out there, and will find a resurgence with someone who can give him the ice time. I don't think this will be his last playoff run, can see him going to a bubble team looking to make a push next season, but this will be his last good shot at a cup, and he likely knows it, which will make his work ethics and effort 10X more.
I think it's more likely he will replace Joseph rather than Erne. Erne has done nothing other than look quick, dangerous offensively as well as physically. You don't take that out of the lineup, especially since he's one of our guys who plays with size.

That said, Cally should at least get a look in the first round to see how he fares against the increased speed, physicality and intensity of competition. I expect you are right and that he, as well as Girardi, Stralman and Coburn, all play their bags off because this may be their last legit kick at the can.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:14 PM
Keefamania!

Quote:
I feel he has earned at least a rotation for the playoffs. Of course I want to see him in every game, but you sit him every 3rd game, should be more than sufficient to keep him sharp and rested.
I would sit him against speed teams/lineups but definitely utilize him if the team plays without determination or life...

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech