BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-02-2020, 07:21 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Default Lightning vs Bruins Mar 3 Tue 7PM

4 Point game and a big one.

Now we see if the moves at the trade deadline payoff.

Last thing you want to do is either lose the game in regulation, or let the Bruins come away with a point like they have been doing all season.

Go Bolts.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:31 AM
Eric Perrin's Dentist

I don't really think this is where we see if the moves paid off or that it is really the end of the world if they lose in regulation.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I don't really think this is where we see if the moves paid off or that it is really the end of the world if they lose in regulation.
A little surprised by your commments. So, are you saying with the "face of the franchise" and our captain out, the moves we made are not important in likely the toughest regular season test of the season?

In this Boston cup of chowder article, they are calling this one of the biggest games of the year, so a regulation loss losing ground to a team we are chasing for home ice advantage is no biggie?
I hope you are right, but I bet the 5000 Bruins fans in Tampa will let you know either way it goes as a Bruins win in Tampa will be teeth grinding tough to take exiting out the stairwells of Amalie Arena ... and a with a Bolts win you will be reminded of last years epic sweep in the postseason cause thats the way the B's fans roll.

In conceivably the biggest two games of the year so far, the first week of March has the Bruins and the Lightning meeting up twice to see who really is the best team in the Atlantic (and maybe the NHL).

The Lightning, who a few weeks ago couldn’t lose a game even if they tried, have now come back to earth, losing 4 in a row to end the month after an insane 12-game winning streak (though they did win their most recent game).

Without a doubt injuries have played a part in the Bolts' recent struggles, as they had to dress 7 defensemen against the Blackhawks because they didn’t have enough forwards in Chicago to dress. Even worse news for the Lightning is Steven Stamkos being out for the next 6 - 8 weeks with a core injury.

For the Bruins, these match-ups present the classic ‘measuring stick’ opportunity. Both teams made significant moves at the deadline, and both have eyes on getting ready for playoff hockey. If the Bruins hope to return to the Stanley Cup Final once again, they will most likely have to go through the Bolts to get there. These games could certainly let fans know if the B’s are up to the task.

END QUOTE

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/...march-schedule

Last edited by gphockey; 03-02-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Eric Perrin's Dentist

I'm saying it is too early to judge how well the moves worked out and winning this game does not prove they did and losing doesn't prove they didn't.

Realistically we don't catch Boston for the division either way so yes it would be nice to win and shut up the Boston fans but I would rather beat them in the playoffs when it really matters.

Do you really remember any of the key measuring stick games when we beat them in the regular season last year and in the end analysis did they really matter all that much?

As an STM I want them to win every home game if possible but I don't buy into these must win regular season games as being an indication of anything other than one team being better that night.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:06 AM
Captain Poke Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
As an STM I want them to win every home game if possible but I don't buy into these must win regular season games as being an indication of anything other than one team being better that night.
Absolutely a true statement. We beat them last year and proceeded to be swept in the playoffs.
With that said any chance of catching them in the standings means these 2 games against the Bruins are must wins.
We are not playing up to our capabilities at the moment. The Bruins have been pretty much on a roll with a hiccup or two. It will be fun to be there and watch the game. There is NOTHING better than watching them head out of Amalie with head placed firmly in there ass wondering how did that just happen.....

The other side not so much fun.

Long Time STM looking for the "W" ..... Go Bolts
Old 03-03-2020, 09:37 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Showdown

HF Board
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...bz-fm.2747759/

NESN
https://nesn.com/2020/03/bruins-focu...ree-game-week/

Yahoo
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bruins-...2844--nhl.html

They are talking about it up here, at the work place, on the radio....seems pretty quiet down there.

Last edited by gphockey; 03-03-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Interesting that the first HF guy, “Fenway” cut and pasted the Yahoo article by Field Level Media, with no attribution. And “Fenway” is an Administrator. Ptetty sucky and potentially illegal if this guy does it frequently.

Thanks GP for the links. I don’t look for them as much as some of us do. It’s usually interesting to hear what other fans are thinking, be it rational or irrational.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Lightning lines from yesterday:

Palat-Point-Kucherov
Coleman-Cirelli-Killorn
Goodrow-Johnson-Gourde
Maroon-Stephens-Paquette

Hedman-Cernak
Sergachev-Shattenkirk
Coburn-Bogosian

Vasilevskiy
McElhinney

Ryan McDonagh and Jan Rutta on the ice for today’s optional morning skate. Cooper said he’s “hopeful” McDonagh will return to the ice within the week.

Cooper said Stamkos’ surgery on Monday was a success, “Now it’s about recovery. His time line to return hasn’t changed.” Stamkos is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.

Boston lines from this morning:

DeBrusk-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Ritchie-Krejci-Kase
Bjork-Coyle-Wagner
Kuraly-Lindholm-Nordstrom
Blidh, Kuhlman

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Lauzon
Moore-Clifton

Rask
Halak

Marchand woke up sick and will be a game-time decision, per Cassidy.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Cooper said he’s “hopeful” McDonagh will return to the ice within the week.
Cooper and literally anyone even remotely a fan of this team.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Marchand

So Marchand is sick...maybe just scared of Cernak