BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-28-2020, 08:22 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
Itís not that I donít like criticism of the team. Itís the recency bias that 90% go to with painting the problem bigger than it is. They controlled that game for the majority of it. They had 5 skaters out of the roster and the backup goalie in. Tell me the power play, pk and 5on5 play wasnít better than the previous ď6 game stretchĒ.

Itís funny you mention daytrading because that is actually my job. And you should know that losses are a part of the game more than anyone else.

Itís concerning for sure but every single team does that at one point. The vast over reaction every time the pendulum swings is what most fans do. Get healthy, get the new guys comfortable with the system; and we should be ready for this post season.

We are spoiled by this teams win count over the last several seasons that the losses feel way worse.
It's nothing to do with injuries. This team folded, and that should be worrisome. It's not sky is falling, but there is no excuse for 4 goals in the 3rd period. The team completely imploded, and it is far from the first time this has happened.

I will say the PP looked much better with Sergachev up there, except for that stupid entry they always do of skating up and drop passing it back (which Toews completely knew was coming), but something has to change. There is no excuse for how bad this PP is at this point, and it has been WAY too long.

Last thing, I disagree we dominated 5v5. We dominated in the 2nd period. Chicago had more shots, move scoring chances, more high end scoring chances, and a better xGF in both the first and third periods at 5v5. In fact, we had 0 high danger scoring chances in both the first and third periods. The only thing we had was a slightly better possession stat in the third.

Oh lets do one more thing, just for danny. Our team leaders for ice time at 5v5 among forwards? TJ and Palat. That said, they actually had some of our best possession stats.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:06 PM

At least we're getting some adversity I guess. Was worried we were cruising too much again.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:42 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
It's nothing to do with injuries. This team folded, and that should be worrisome. It's not sky is falling, but there is no excuse for 4 goals in the 3rd period. The team completely imploded, and it is far from the first time this has happened.
I mean that’s been going on for like 5 years. They give up a bad goal and they’re liable to give up 1 or 2 more before they get a hold of themselves.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:11 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Oh lets do one more thing, just for danny. Our team leaders for ice time at 5v5 among forwards? TJ and Palat. That said, they actually had some of our best possession stats.
I agree with one of those forwards getting big 5v5 minutes. And also, it's great to have possession, but you have to do more than fuck all with it (looking at you TJ).
Old 02-28-2020, 11:30 PM

http://boltprospects.com/forum/attac...1&d=1582950502

Hope you can see this remarkable picture from the game. If not, maybe someone can help me post it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9631A2C5-798E-48A2-8ADC-310C8D542E1A.jpg (19.6 KB, 21 views)