BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-19-2020, 07:20 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Default Lightning @ Coyotes Feb 22 Sat **8PM**

Go Bolts.

** Check Game Time**

Skiing first chair Sunday River Sat, start thread now.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:05 AM
Cooper's Law

Can anyone translate?
Old 02-19-2020, 03:07 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Can anyone translate?
Sorry, I forgot some of you don't snow ski.
Going snow skiing on Saturday so won't be available to put up game thread. Getting up early 6 am to drive up to the Sunday River Ski area located in Newry (Bethel) Maine to be there when the chair lift opens. (First Chair).
First chair = opening of the chair lift so you can catch the very first chair up the mountain. You to get great smooth groomed snow surface before everyone chops it up with their skis/boards.
Noon groom = one trail groomed but closed all morning and opened at noon so you can ski fresh groomed cordoroy at noon.
Cordoroy = flat but...grooved... surface left by snow cat grooming machines.
Apre ski = party time for the skiers.... but the snow cat operators and snow makers start work all night to prepare for the next day operations.

I will be on White Heat, steep and fast. Not me in video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSfs5ht9sro

Signage
https://signsofthemountains.com/blog...ail-signs-mean

FYI, for anyone looking for a hidden gem to ski in the northeast Jay Peak in northern Vermont has a water park and invested millions several years ago. They get the most natural snow in the east, 2 years ago was 491 inches or about 40 feet. Imagine having to snowblow the driveway that winter.

Last edited by gphockey; 02-20-2020 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:37 AM
Keefamania!

Thank you for the info GP. You can always learn something on this board.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:46 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Sorry, I forgot some of you don't snow ski.
Going snow skiing on Saturday so won't be available to put up game thread. Getting up early 6 am to drive up to the Sunday River Ski area located in Newry (Bethel) Maine to be there when the chair lift opens. (First Chair).
First chair = opening of the chair lift so you can catch the very first chair up the mountain. You to get great smooth groomed snow surface before everyone chops it up with their skis/boards.
Noon groom = one trail groomed but closed all morning and opened at noon so you can ski fresh groomed cordoroy at noon.
Cordoroy = flat but...grooved... surface left by snow cat grooming machines.
Apre ski = party time for the skiers.... but the snow cat operators and snow makers start work all night to prepare for the next day operations.

I will be on White Heat, steep and fast. Not me in video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSfs5ht9sro

Signage
https://signsofthemountains.com/blog...ail-signs-mean

FYI, for anyone looking for a hidden gem to ski in the northeast Jay Peak in northern Vermont has a water park and invested millions several years ago. They get the most natural snow in the east, 2 years ago was 491 inches or about 40 feet. Imagine having to snowblow the driveway that winter.
Funny enough my wife is dying to go to Vermont on vacation (though probably summer time, she has never been skiing and I'm not sure we can put a quick trip together before the season ends). But water park is a selling point for the kids. So, thanks for the place to investigate.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:04 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
. But water park is a selling point for the kids. So, thanks for the place to investigate.
For a second mountain on the way to Jay Peak is Smugglers notch. I have skiied there hundreds of times and is where my kids learned to ski.
They are excellent with families. Morse Mountain is a great first timer hill.
Its also worth a look at but I don't believe they have a water park, but in summer I think they have pools or water slides.

https://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/

Apolgies to the Mod for this game day thread getting hijacked to skiing. You can move it, start another, or roll with this one.
I get excited about skiiing, can't help it.

Last edited by gphockey; 02-20-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
For a second mountain on the way to Jay Peak is Smugglers notch. I have skiied there hundreds of times and is where my kids learned to ski.
They are excellent with families. Morse Mountain is a great first timer hill.
Its also worth a look at but I don't believe they have a water park, but in summer I think they have pools or water slides.

https://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/

Apolgies to the Mod for this game day thread getting hijacked to skiing. You can move it, start another, or roll with this one.
I get excited about skiiing, can't help it.
So funny enough I went to Smugglers Notch when I was a kid in the summer (went kayaking, played a bunch of tennis, quite fun). But yeah, I'll let my highjacking go now, though it is nice having something to talk about waiting on the games.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:28 PM
Popcorn Server

Coburn is one of the worst Dmen in the league. There is nothing in Syracuse better than that bum? Hell, Gaunce is way better and Coburnt still plays over him. Jesus Christ, Cooper.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:43 PM
Eric Perrin's Dentist

Schenn is starting to get exposed as well.

We really can't afford to lose Cernak at this point so hopefully it is a minor injury.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:54 PM
Cooper's Law

Not too good when the career AHL defenseman has arguably the best game among the defensive unit. Coburn has been bad ever since he missed that game with an injury last week. Doesn't help that three of our starting six defenders are now hurt, and Sergachev and Shattenkirk have played poor defense the past few games.