BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-18-2020, 12:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Thanks for the clarification. I saw a lot of blood so I know he got hit hard right on the schnoz, just wasn't sure what part of McK hit him.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:22 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Not sure how it looked on TV, but at the arena, the first period the Bolts were pretty sleepy, don't think they realized quite how fast the Avs are. There is speed all over that lineup, and while they aren't quite as dangerous as the Bolts, they are damn close.

The game really blew up when the Avs player ran McE and left his feet, and then it really got chippy.

Both teams had some soft penalties called against them early; overall it was unclear what type of game the refs were trying to call; it wasn't an anything goes game, but it wasn't really a locked down game either, and eventually the refs lost a bit of a grip on things. It looked from my vantage point like both teams were confused by the penalty calling at numerous points during the game.

Ironically, both PPs, although loaded with talent, were/are in a dry spell.

By the end of the game the entire arena was screaming at Cirelli when they showed him on the jumbo tron. That tells you how great a job he was doing.

Stamkos played with his elbows up quite a bit, especially away from the play.

Point, Cirelli, Hedman, Gourde and Stamkos were the standouts for me watching up close. Gaunce was better than I expected in protected minutes. Stephens played well.

Tyler Johnson on the fourth line is utterly useless. When Coleman arrives on the scene, I'd rather see Verhaeghe and Stephens stay in the lineup than TJ. It's not even a Gourde thing, where he's snakebit but generating chances and being hard to play against. TJ is just not bringing much of anything. I noted they put him on PP1, but that didn't seem to spark him either. I admit he's my current whipping boy, but I think it's deserved at this point.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:46 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

The last 10 min of the third showed how impactful playing at 5200' can be. Bolts looked to be at 80% speed at best. It's not something that you can really prepare for when you are playing mostly at sea level. Gotta give props to the guys for keeping the Avs mostly to the perimeters.

Danny, freaky walking in to the Pepsi Center eh? Same architects as Amalie, but their seats are a little larger giving a smaller occupancy. Beautiful concourses..

Last edited by Puckhead; 02-18-2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:00 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It wasn't a penalty, IMO. Lord knows Palat's done that exact same thing to opponents many a time.
It looked like MacKinnon saw Palat coming to lay a hit on him and had just enough time to turn the tables after letting the puck go. No problem with that at all.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:28 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Not sure how it looked on TV, but at the arena, the first period the Bolts were pretty sleepy, don't think they realized quite how fast the Avs are. There is speed all over that lineup, and while they aren't quite as dangerous as the Bolts, they are damn close.
The First Period, in particularly, struck me as a very sterile/technical game. It was almost Russian, in a way. That obviously changed quickly as tempers started to rise.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:41 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

From Colorado Hockey Now:

Good news on Mikko Rantanen: The MRI came back looking good tonight. He’s still going to miss a “few” weeks, but that’s it. He’ll be back by the playoffs, quite probably before the end of the regular season. No broken collarbone, no surgery on anything.