BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:41 PM
BP Staff

Mueller has empaneled a grand jury in the Trump/Russia investigation. That's the big news of the day. Federal grand juries have a nasty habit of handing down indictments far more often than not. It probably isn't a question of "if" members of the Trump campaign/administration are going down, but rather "when," "who," and "how many?"

In a couple of less prominent developments...

Carter Page has been being monitored under a FISA warrant since 2014. In other words, the intelligence community had ears on the Trump campaign from the moment Page went into their camp.

Also, Flynn issued an updated financial disclosure form revealing payments from Cambridge Analytica, which is the same big data marketing firm that Bannon partly owns and is suspected of having some involvement in Russia's propaganda microtargeting in swing districts in the run up to the election.

Two fascinating little nuggets that add spice to speculation about where Mueller's investigation may lead.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
typical Donnie.........do what ever you can to defend the "D" no matter how bad they look.
You said nothing that needed defending. The Clintons established a charity, gave a million dollars a year to it, refuse to receive any compensation for their work on the charity and the charity does great things around the world.

I guess when you are cheering on your heroes for trying to wipe out health insurance coverage for 32 million, defending a molester and trying to keep minorities from voting you lose track of what is good and what is bad behavior.

One would think the Clinton Foundation would be one thing that everyone regardless of party would find heroic. But only in WW's and the far right's warped world would doing good be something that needs to be defended.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
You said nothing that needed defending. The Clintons established a charity, gave a million dollars a year to it, refuse to receive any compensation for their work on the charity and the charity does great things around the world.

I guess when you are cheering on your heroes for trying to wipe out health insurance coverage for 32 million, defending a molester and trying to keep minorities from voting you lose track of what is good and what is bad behavior.

One would think the Clinton Foundation would be one thing that everyone regardless of party would find heroic. But only in WW's and the far right's warped world would doing good be something that needs to be defended.

Open your eyes Donnie. She could move to Russia and you would still support her.

Why not take the time to look at the donors list and then look at what acts the DOS did for these same people. Nope, you will not do it as you do not want to find something that possibly could be wrong.

At least if Trump is ousted Pence will be in charge and who would had been a far better choice. Hell almost anyone in the primaries would had been a far better choice. I have said that since during the primaries.

What will you have?
Old 08-03-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
if you are worried about pay to play, try and worry about the Trump Hotel where everyone wanting something from the United States now stays. Or that the Chinese lease a large amount of space in Trump Towers. Or the state visits at Trump golf courses. That's money that goes into Trumps pockets.
And we all get to pay directly to his businesses for his security, transportation, and other costs.

Quote:
She could move to Russia and you would still support her.
What does her geographic location have to do with anything? What's important is who you're working for and what you're doing, not where you're doing it from.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 AM

Waiver likes a guy who is pushing for Nationwide abstinence only education.

Pathetic.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post

Pathetic.
And spending tax dollars on conversion therapy while denying evolution. But hey, denying basic science is what's good for the country.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post

Pathetic.
And was going to get his ass handed to him if he had run for Governor again because he was too socially conservative for INDIANA. Keep in mind that IN has the most KKK of any state per capita. He won't meet with women unless there is another man around; if there is alcohol present his wife must be with him.

He is a GREAT Christian; his unwavering support of his boss proves it.

Last edited by Flycoon; 08-04-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Open your eyes Donnie. She could move to Russia and you would still support her.

Why not take the time to look at the donors list and then look at what acts the DOS did for these same people. Nope, you will not do it as you do not want to find something that possibly could be wrong.

At least if Trump is ousted Pence will be in charge and who would had been a far better choice. Hell almost anyone in the primaries would had been a far better choice. I have said that since during the primaries.

What will you have?
Would you care to provide some examples of this? Nearly everything the State Department approves needs approval from either higher up the chain or approval from other agencies before changes are enacted so to say Hillary could single handedly push through something, like Fox News likes to claim with the selling of that Uranium mine to a Russian group, is uninformed and disingenuous.

As for Pence over Trump, I don't think anyone outside of hardcore Evangelical conservatives actually want that. The majority of the country don't want Trump but would take him over Pence because Trump can't get a damn thing done. Pence, on the other hand, would be able to because he knows how the system works and the changes he would make would set us back decades economically and socially.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:11 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
As for Pence over Trump, I don't think anyone outside of hardcore Evangelical conservatives actually want that.
I think a lot of people foremost want someone in the White House can be assured won't blow up the world or shred the institutions of Western democracy altogether. Would Pence be worse for the country on policy? Quite probably. Would I live with that for the assurance that he won't start WWIII on a whim? Yeah, probably.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I think a lot of people foremost want someone in the White House can be assured won't blow up the world or shred the institutions of Western democracy altogether. Would Pence be worse for the country on policy? Quite probably. Would I live with that for the assurance that he won't start WWIII on a whim? Yeah, probably.
^This.

I've no doubt Pence would be able to get more of the Republicans socially conservative policies moved forward, and perhaps the SCOTUS helps codify; however, that is short-to-mid term damage that I think will be slowly undone as the baby boomers die off. Trump's destruction has the potential to be much worse.