BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
So the fuck what? So what if half of the 7 million targeted sign ups haven't paid YET? That's still millions of people who are happy to have affordable health insurance. It's a damn good step in the right direction and away from the insane "we don't have an alternative" approach of your poor-hating Koch heads and their conservative flock of sheeple.

C'mon Waiver, what's your next talking point? I mean, surely they've fed one to you. Or do you bother to think about WHY your leaders have nothing but negativity to offer while covering their assets?
Bolthed, maybe if you take the time to look at the numbers that were cancelled due to their poor policies, the numbers that signed up for coverage, and the numbers that actually now are covered because they have made a payment or were placed on Medicaid you may find that the numbers look like we may have less now with healthcare than we did prior to the ACA being passed.

That was my point.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Thats how I feel. Eight years ago he did just as racist things that directly impacted and ruins people's lives, and no outrage at all. But then he says some words about a celebrity and people go nuts.
I'm wondering if he had conversations with other owners and have talked like this over the years and would he come out and say so.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
According to the Georgia Insurance Commissioner, Ralph Hudgens, 220,000 Georgians signed up for healthcare. He is reporting that his office asked the 5 insurance companies of that state for the numbers that have paid because the Federal Gov would not give him those figures. As of tonight that number is only 108,000, or less than half have paid and are now covered.

Other states are attempting to get their numbers and so far Illinois and Nevada are seeing the same low numbers as Georgia.

The Commissioner stated that Georgia healthcare premiums should be much higher in for 2015.
Signed up? Or policys in effect?

Big difference. As discussed ad nauseum, payment IS NOT REQUIRED until the effective date of the policy. No pay, no insurance.

By the way, I am a big fan of the State of GA. The levels of stupidity, right wing extremism, and just plain meanness makes FL look good. Take Atlanta out of the state and Louisiana or Mississippi would point and laugh at the state of that state. GA is an embarrassment.

Last edited by Flycoon; 04-30-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Thats how I feel. Eight years ago he did just as racist things that directly impacted and ruins people's lives, and no outrage at all. But then he says some words about a celebrity and people go nuts.
I see it as an indication of progress. Tolerance of these sort of "opinions" is decreasing.

Except on right wing radio where it continues to ramp up. But that audience is just a wee bit different from the NBA fan base. Probably not much crossover between the two.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Bolthed, maybe if you take the time to look at the numbers that were cancelled due to their poor policies, the numbers that signed up for coverage, and the numbers that actually now are covered because they have made a payment or were placed on Medicaid you may find that the numbers look like we may have less now with healthcare than we did prior to the ACA being passed.

That was my point.
Where is the link to these numbers?

All of the anecdotal crap and assumptions on said numbers are useless.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Where is the link to these numbers?

All of the anecdotal crap and assumptions on said numbers are useless.
That is my point. Washington says they don't have them or they won't release them.

From past news reports around 6,000,000 lost their policies. Many of these were able to renew for one more year. According to Washington they were counting those that were able to renew or found a new policy as "sign ups".

I think just over 3,000,000 were added to Medicaid.

But for the ACA to work the end result is not about how many signed up. The end result has to be who are now paying for coverage. Coverage is what matters.

Hell, when the site first came up and was working I assigned up twice to see what it was like and what the fuse was all about. I never made a payment as I already had insurance. So was I counted twice in that figure released by the White House? How many others did what I did?

Now we learn that the back end of the system, the one that allows you to make payments to the insurance carrier, still is not working.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:09 AM

And now we have this.

Quote:
If his girlfriend hadn’t recorded his hate-filled diatribe, racist Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling would be getting his second (not a typo) lifetime achievement award from the local chapter of the NAACP. That would be the venerable civil rights organization known in full as the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Unless the tape is proven to be fraudulent or doctored to remove mitigating context—both scenarios seem highly unlikely—Sterling is no fan of such advancement. Nevertheless, if TMZ hadn’t obtained the audio, Sterling would have shared the stage with Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and the Reverend Al Sharpton. (On second thought, maybe Sharpton isn’t such bad company.) - See more at: http://rare.us/story/did-the-naacp-i....XA6gIUoq.dpuf
Quote:
Sterling didn’t really deserve his first lifetime achievement award from the NAACP. It came in 2009, shortly after he agreed to a $2.765 million settlement in a case where he was accused of discriminating against blacks and Hispanics in apartment buildings he owned in Los Angeles County. - See more at: http://rare.us/story/did-the-naacp-i....XA6gIUoq.dpuf
Say what??? This guy is a walking, talking bigot and he gets an award for doing what is right. What is this world coming to.

http://rare.us/story/did-the-naacp-i...his-checkbook/
Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 AM

GM bailout was more expensive than we first thought.

Quote:
Taxpayers lost $11.2 billion on the GM bailout, up from $10.3 billion the Treasury Department estimated when it sold its last GM shares on Dec. 9.

A Treasury Department auditor said the government had written off an $826-million “administrative claim” tied to the GM bailout on March 20.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014043...Motors-bailout
Old 04-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
If you're going to say it, prove it. Why should someone else have to do the research?

I think you'll find this is a load of BS.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
If you're going to say it, prove it. Why should someone else have to do the research?

I think you'll find this is a load of BS.
Prove it wrong

Today the cost of their web site fix was released. $121,000,000. This is more than they paid to build the site.
Closed Thread