BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

GOP raises $125 million in the last quarter.

Here’s hoping he spends half of it preventing impeachment.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:59 AM

6 out of 10 Republican voters say that the media is lying and that Trump never asked Ukraine to investigate Biden or his son. This despite the fact that it was the transcript/ notes that was released by Trump.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
6 out of 10 Republican voters say that the media is lying and that Trump never asked Ukraine to investigate Biden or his son. This despite the fact that it was the transcript/ notes that was released by Trump.
So basically 6 out of 10 Republicans get their news from Fox News hosts(Fox & Friends, The Five, Carlson, etc) and not actual Fox News anchors(Shep Smith, Chris Wallace, Bret Baier, etc).
Old 10-02-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
So basically 6 out of 10 Republicans get their news from Fox News hosts(Fox & Friends, The Five, Carlson, etc) and not actual Fox News anchors(Shep Smith, Chris Wallace, Bret Baier, etc).
Correct. They strictly watch the FOX opinion/propoganda shows, not those that are on the news side. Check out America One News; they make Tucker Carlson look like Walter Cronkite.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:37 PM
BP Staff

You assume most of that 60% are being honest in their replies. You probably have quite a few DubDub's in that number who know they're lying, but out of partisan tribal loyalty answer like an asshole anyway.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:55 PM
BP Staff

Sounds like what I posted last night is panning out:

Quote:
Confirmed: A source familiar tells me the State Department IG briefing on the Hill is about retaliation against State Department officials who are trying to cooperate with House Democrats.
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1179452198054440960

My 2 cents: former Ukrainian Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was originally scheduled to be deposed today, but pushed her deposition back to 10/11. Unlike Kurt Volker, who quit and therefore seems out of reach of any retaliation, Yovanovitch still works at State. She also, evidently, got completely screwed over when she got spiked from her job in Ukraine because she wouldn't go along with Giuliani's bullshit. So, informed guess is Pompeo's crapping his pants that she's going to show them where all the skeletons are.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...ie-yovanovitch
Old 10-02-2019, 02:56 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Last year US manufacturing had its best year of hiring since 1998 and optimism was up.

Now US manufacturing is in a recession.

What changed?
Mainly, Trump's trade war got worse.
https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/st...73168209829888

Which is why the Trump campaign is already operating from the assumption they're going to lose Michigan and are in a dogfight for the rest of the rust belt.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/st...73168209829888

Which is why the Trump campaign is already operating from the assumption they're going to lose Michigan and are in a dogfight for the rest of the rust belt.
Wait, this makes it sound like tariffs are mutually destructive and can put an economy into a recession, at least this sector. I'm certain I've heard this somewhere before.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:12 PM

Old 10-02-2019, 04:37 PM

Democratic candidates need to offer some good solutions to the trade war. The reciprocal tariffs are obviously hurting everyone, but China has been a very devious player. Stealing intellectual property, artificial currency inflation, strict oversight of foreign investment, etc. They haven't played by the same set of rules, and they've parlayed that into massive investments of raw resources in Africa and Russia.