BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 10:24 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post

Riddle me this Waiver, why is the rate of gun violence in the UK and Australia so much lower than the United States? Is it because they're that much more healthy, mentally? Or is it the fact that there's twice as many guns, per capita, in the United States than the next closest country (which is f'ing Yemen)?

And, honest to God, Waiver, if you tell me it's because you really think people in the UK have that much better mental health, shouldn't you be riding that universal health care train hard?
I think we have to dig a little deeper pete and look at these other countries to see if they have the increase of hate crimes and things like road rage like we have hear. Do they have the divide that has been created like we have in the States.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I think we have to dig a little deeper pete and look at these other countries to see if they have the increase of hate crimes and things like road rage like we have hear. Do they have the divide that has been created like we have in the States.
In the United kingdom and Australia? You dont need to dig too deep into that.

But hey, I'm all for a ton of gun violence research studies. Maybe the government should put out research grants for that.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:45 AM

You don't need to go looking at other countries to know that guns laws work. The U.S. greatly restricted access to machine guns in 1934, and they are pretty much non-existent now. Just need to fight through the NRA to add more laws
Old 08-10-2019, 04:48 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I think we have to dig a little deeper pete and look at these other countries to see if they have the increase of hate crimes and things like road rage like we have hear.
"Road rage" is the reason that gun homicide rates are 25x higher in the United States than other high income countries?

You do know they have cars in the UK and Australia too, right? Hell, here's a news report complaining about gridlock traffic in Sydney.

Quote:
Sydney is congestion capital of Australasia - and even New York's road network is faster
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...04-gtlmwq.html

Or maybe we just drive on the crazy shooter's side of the road and they don't. Is that it?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact nearly half of the world's civilian-owned guns are here in the US.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
"Road rage" is the reason that gun homicide rates are 25x higher in the United States than other high income countries?

You do know they have cars in the UK and Australia too, right? Hell, here's a news report complaining about gridlock traffic in Sydney.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...04-gtlmwq.html

Or maybe we just drive on the crazy shooter's side of the road and they don't. Is that it?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact nearly half of the world's civilian-owned guns are here in the US.
Dig deeper Pete. Both those countries also have free health care.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
He was on suicide watch yet died from hanging. Very irresponsible, I guess it saves tax payer money but I would rather see these people convicted
Trump has retweeted out a conspiracy theory that somehow Bill Clinton is responsible for his death.

“Died of SUICIDE on 24/7 SUICIDE WATCH ? Yeah right! How does that happen#JefferyEpstein had information on Bill Clinton & now he’s dead”

So in 48 hours, he has taken a smiling, thumbs up publicity picture with an orphan and now irresponsibly retweeted that a political rival may have murdered someone in jail to rile up his nutty supporters.

That’s the guy you are defending WW.

Last edited by Donnie D; 08-10-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:03 PM
BP Staff

Except he wasn't on suicide watch while under federal custody. Things that make you go hmmmm.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...886406658?s=20
Old 08-10-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Trump has retweeted out a conspiracy theory that somehow Bill Clinton is responsible for his death.

“Died of SUICIDE on 24/7 SUICIDE WATCH ? Yeah right! How does that happen#JefferyEpstein had information on Bill Clinton & now he’s dead”

So in 48 hours, he has taken a smiling, thumbs up publicity picture with an orphan and now irresponsibly retweeted that a political rival may have murdered someone in jail to rile up his nutty supporters.

That’s the guy you are defending WW.
Trump is more dangerous than I ever could have imagined even a year ago.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Except he wasn't on suicide watch while under federal custody. Things that make you go hmmmm.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...886406658?s=20
Quote:
Bill Barr’s father was the headmaster of the private NYC prep school and gave Jeffrey Epstein a job teaching teens. Epstein had NO college degree. We find it odd that someone w/no teaching experience and no college degree was given that important job.
hmmmm
Old 08-10-2019, 07:18 PM
BP Staff

Now ask yourself why Barr isn’t recused from overseeing this case...