BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Scrutiny of all public employees is fine.
In that case why would anybody want to be a public employee?
Old 06-25-2018, 08:48 PM

I don’t have a problem with government employees being held accountable or scrutinized. That is what I agreed to. If I mismanage my program, waste taxpayer dollars, etc., I deserve to be called out. No issue there.

I will say that there are times when government “waste” gets overblown compared to that in the private sector. I’ve said it before, Walmart loses more product in a single store than local government does, but 5 computers being canabalized for parts in the county was a major news story.

I’ve gone through some really crappy stories in the press. The local paper kept printing that I was under investigation by the FBI for almost a year when there was no truth to the story. The FBI actually called me and asked me who was investigating me. I told them according to the paper, you are. Their response, we aren’t investigating you. But the lazy reporter kept printing the same story every week. Finally my employer asked the inspector general to look into it. They came and spent 6 months on and off at my office and when they ended up reporting that we did nothing wrong (well the IG always finds something trivial that you did wrong, because nobody’s perfect) the story died.

I’m fair game in the press and that’s fine. But I don’t deserve to be screamed at when I’m out with my family. That’s wrong and no public employee or elected official should be subjected to that.

I was wondering when Zeyk would make an exception for ICE employees. They aren’t the SS - they are civil servants getting a pay check who are caught in this mess. Remember, it’s ICE agents who are leaking the tapes of the children crying, taking the pictures that you see, calling the press to tell them when and where the children are being moved. And they are risking their job and their pension because they don’t agree with what is going on.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
The entirety of RS and Donnie's argument regarding being civil to fascists is them arguing the semantics of your comment. Pam Bondi and Sarah Sanders are not working in the zoning department or in waste removal. I hope no one here hates the garbage man who voted for Trump. That person doesn't deserve hatred. Hell, no one other than those working directly for Trump and marching us toward the 4th Reich should be hated.
Quote:
Well, they should face public scrutiny. The run of the mill officiants who are not serving at the pleasure of the president, but merely for a paycheck, shouldn't be harassed in public. If they're ICE agents though, they should be publicly ridiculed everywhere they go.Scrutiny of all public employees is fine. Harassment should be reserved for those in power carrying out fascist policy for our Supreme Leader.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Iíve gone through some really crappy stories in the press. The local paper kept printing that I was under investigation by the FBI for almost a year when there was no truth to the story.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Keefamania!

Default How Comey intervened to kill WikiLeaks' immunity deal

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...-immunity-deal

"...The effort resulted in the drafting of a limited immunity deal that might have temporarily freed the WikiLeaks founder from a London embassy where he has been exiled for years, according to interviews and a trove of internal DOJ documents turned over to Senate investigators. Read the draft immunity deal proffer that the Justice Department was considering for Assange here.

But an unexpected intervention by Comey ó relayed through Warner ó soured the negotiations, multiple sources tell me. Assange eventually unleashed a series of leaks that U.S. officials say damaged their cyber warfare capabilities for a long time to come. ..."

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even ó you could even rig Americaís elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 06-25-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I was wondering when Zeyk would make an exception for ICE employees. They aren’t the SS - they are civil servants getting a pay check who are caught in this mess. Remember, it’s ICE agents who are leaking the tapes of the children crying, taking the pictures that you see, calling the press to tell them when and where the children are being moved. And they are risking their job and their pension because they don’t agree with what is going on.
Some of the toughest jobs are government jobs and most don't pay enough. The last thing that needs to be added to the mix is ridicule or micro-management from a bunch of joe's who all have vastly different opinions. Pay them handsomely enough and I probably believe differently, but civil service jobs are massively understaffed already.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I was wondering when Zeyk would make an exception for ICE employees. They arenít the SS - they are civil servants getting a pay check who are caught in this mess. Remember, itís ICE agents who are leaking the tapes of the children crying, taking the pictures that you see, calling the press to tell them when and where the children are being moved. And they are risking their job and their pension because they donít agree with what is going on.
Never said they were the SS. Those came later.

The heroes within ICE leaking stuff, good. The rest of them rounding up and putting other humans in concentration camps, fuck em.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:49 PM
Cooper's Law

Remember, at Nuremberg it was shown that “just following orders” doesn’t hold up as it pertains to crimes against humanity.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:02 AM

Default Crisis of Democracy, not Manners

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/25/o...-civility.html
Old 06-26-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
She is spot on.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:29 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

And after SHS spent some of the press conference yesterday lecturing the press corps about civility, her boss has another pep rally in SC and trashes late night TV hosts, and the Germans, who co-incidentally have a huge presence in Greenville and Spartanburg. This guy is a special kind of idiot.
Closed Thread