BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

In person hearing for Kassian. That's the first step in the right direction.

Guy is trying to excuse himself that his leg was being held and he was just trying to get free. If he wanted to kick Cernak, he would have gone backwards. I have watched the replay a lot and still have yet to see where Cernak is holding his leg. He's slow to get up off Archbold, but not only are Kassian's legs both free, he reaches up and grabs Cernak's arm to hold him down before doing it.

Last edited by BurnTHalO; 02-14-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:30 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

I've heard he changed it to a phone hearing, because he's expecting a longer than usual suspension because he's been before the DOPS for something else within the past 18 months.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:34 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
I've heard he changed it to a phone hearing, because he's expecting a longer than usual suspension because he's been before the DOPS for something else within the past 18 months.
18 months? Try like 18 days
Old 02-14-2020, 04:40 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizman View Post
It didn't look like there was much force behind it, but that being said, it was as stupid a thing to do as I've seen for some time..
The fact he's nuts enough to kick a man in the chest is part of the reason why I want a player like that. Cooper still doesn't have someone who will run a hot goaltender (like maybe Brayden Holtby needs to take a dirt nap because he's on a 90 minute shutout streak) or try to off another team's top D-man if that team has a thin D corps ("How did you enjoy the play, Mr. Letang?").

There were quite a few guys on that '04 team, BTW, fully capable of going full dirtbag like that. Hell, I even saw Marty St. Louis try to break a guy on the Flyers' paw with a targeted slash after his glove fell off in the corner.

Washington, Pittsburgh, and Boston will have no qualms doing it to us, I assure you. Especially Washington.

IMO, it's time for the Lightning to find themselves a heel. For as much as other teams cry like we have some anyway (Remember when Canucks fans were trying to make Danick Martel out to be Hannibal Lecter last season?), might as well.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:35 PM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Andre Roy was the real enforcer for the 2004 team. Chris Dingman was right behind him. But neither was as stupid as Kassian. You wonít find one NHL player condone kicking!
Who can forget Roy leaving the penalty box and trying to fight the New York Rangersí players in the penalty box in 2002.