BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 05-16-2018, 11:30 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
As I watch the Knights possibly go to the SCF in their first year, I understand it’s a great story for the city. But I also can’t get past that it is so unfair to the long suffering fans elsewhere, such as in San Jose, who were cheated out of their opportunity to play for a championship by a rigged expansion system.
I get the disparity...Lets face it, we both dealt with and suffered thru what the Bolts had to deal with in 1992. My STH was 775. Yes, The Knights got a "relatively" great deal and much better pickins compared to prior expansions. That said, they got 3-4 liners..And Fleury . And they have massively overperformed. There is a reason Vegas had them at 500-1 for the Cup before the season began.
I live in Nevada now, 450 miles away from T-Mobile arena and probably will never darken its doors. But I'll root for them because of Gallant and 81...Until they face the Lightning.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:04 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I get the disparity...Lets face it, we both dealt with and suffered thru what the Bolts had to deal with in 1992. My STH was 775. Yes, The Knights got a "relatively" great deal and much better pickins compared to prior expansions. That said, they got 3-4 liners..And Fleury . And they have massively overperformed. There is a reason Vegas had them at 500-1 for the Cup before the season began.
I live in Nevada now, 450 miles away from T-Mobile arena and probably will never darken its doors. But I'll root for them because of Gallant and 81...Until they face the Lightning.
Exactly. Go look at their lines on paper, it's ridiculous to think this system was so unfair and they were destined for this. Their top 2 scorers in the playoffs are there because Florida wanted to dump salary. Their 3rd guy is a 40 goal scorer who scored like 6 before vegas. The rigged system was designed to make sure they were more of a 70 point team than a 30 point one. Where they are at now is just a great job by their gm identifying players that will work great together and under an outstanding coach.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:45 AM

Vegas was able to pick players who fit their system while other expansion teams just got whatever they were offered, that's the difference. Still performed way above expectations.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:37 AM
Captain Poke Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Vegas was able to pick players who fit their system while other expansion teams just got whatever they were offered, that's the difference. Still performed way above expectations.
It ain't over... they are stocked with draft picks as well!

Old 05-17-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
As I watch the Knights possibly go to the SCF in their first year, I understand it’s a great story for the city. But I also can’t get past that it is so unfair to the long suffering fans elsewhere, such as in San Jose, who were cheated out of their opportunity to play for a championship by a rigged expansion system.
And the same rules will be in place for the next expansion team according to the league.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

The Knights had a very theatrical pregame show

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Not sure how "hockey" this is, but it's pretty Vegas.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:17 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Yeah it’s pretty hokey, but really no worse than the oiled up Senator of a few years back. And Ottawa is far from a “theatrical” city..
Old 05-18-2018, 08:15 PM

....Vegas looks like they will probably take the West
Old 05-18-2018, 08:37 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

The Jets are borderline traumatized. Fleury’s in their heads (he’s playing well but not THAT well) and two games in a row they’ve tied the game, only for Vegas to take the lead right back on the next shift.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:46 PM

The Jets have not shooting lanes, Vegas is playing ridiculously well without the puck.