BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-16-2018, 12:58 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Exactly. Dude milked the shit out of it. Head never hit the glass and he didn't take a huge blow directly from Stralman's arm either.
He definitely sold it trying to get a 5 instead of a 2. Not only that, but he looked back, saw Stralman coming, and still positioned his body directly facing the boards. He had more than enough time to change position before Stralman initiated contact.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

If DPS wants to look at something how about Orlov's clearly intentional extended arm direct shot to Palat's head. You know the one Pierre pointed out on the replay has a good old fashion "high hard one". Maybe they pointed it out for our benefit, I don't know, but they could have mentioned that any direct hit to the head is a penalty.

And Pierre is a dick with ears regardless. I love how he said "some people" would consider that dump in an icing. Ah, pretty much any rational person who has read the rule would consider that icing cue ball.

I'm glad Eddie Olczyk is back. Not only for health reasons but he seemed last night to be the only NBC guy with any objectivity (other than Doc). I thought for a moment a tear was going to slide down JR's face in the post game.

Sorry, just a quick biased commentator rant...
Old 05-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwater View Post
If DPS wants to look at something how about Orlov's clearly intentional extended arm direct shot to Palat's head. You know the one Pierre pointed out on the replay has a good old fashion "high hard one". Maybe they pointed it out for our benefit, I don't know, but they could have mentioned that any direct hit to the head is a penalty.

And Pierre is a dick with ears regardless. I love how he said "some people" would consider that dump in an icing. Ah, pretty much any rational person who has read the rule would consider that icing cue ball.

I'm glad Eddie Olczyk is back. Not only for health reasons but he seemed last night to be the only NBC guy with any objectivity (other than Doc). I thought for a moment a tear was going to slide down JR's face in the post game.

Sorry, just a quick biased commentator rant...
You are not alone on hating on NBC, trust me.

I was honestly so relieved to not have to listen to Milbury during the game that Pierre seemed like a breath of fresh air. Geez, guess I'm getting conditioned already!
Old 05-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Exactly. Dude milked the shit out of it. Head never hit the glass and he didn't take a huge blow directly from Stralman's arm either.
It barely looked like a penalty let alone a 5.

Quote:
If DPS wants to look at something how about Orlov's clearly intentional extended arm direct shot to Palat's head.
This. It was clear first-contact to the head.

Quote:
One of the other NBC guys says it was obvious. Go suck a dick Pierre. Glad we at least get Emrick now, after that mental abuse we had to suffer through during the BOS series.