BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 03-13-2018, 04:09 PM
BP Staff

Statistically the greatest increase in the rate of illegal immigration is coming from Asian nations (China, South Korea, and India). You don't hear a peep about that though, did you? And China, unlike Mexico, officially refuses to accept deportations back to their country. Do you hear Trump say f'-all about that from the stump? No, he's too busy praising the head of the Chinese government for installing himself as president for life and openly wishing he could do the same.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...growth/432603/

Therein lies the tell, no matter how much the alt-righters try to protest they're not singling out Latinos.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:29 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

As it pertain to immigration. Hey, a lot of people want to enter the country legally. I don't view illegals as these horrible people, and I don't necessarily think they need shipped out, but there needs to be a path to citizenship and there should be some sort of penalty.

What Obama said about comprehensive immigration reform I am totally on board with, except he never followed through.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:10 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
As it pertain to immigration. Hey, a lot of people want to enter the country legally. I don't view illegals as these horrible people, and I don't necessarily think they need shipped out, but there needs to be a path to citizenship and there should be some sort of penalty.

What Obama said about comprehensive immigration reform I am totally on board with, except he never followed through.
Bolded the incredibly hilarious part. There's no way any of that was going to pass even when they held all the levers of power. They couldn't even talk about a Public Option for healthcare because of their fear of the GOP messaging. They're pussies. The GOP knows this. The people who fund both the GOP and the Dems know this. Instead of staking out policy positions that are morally right and responsible, they "pre-cave" to the Right like they're paid to do.

After they lost all the levers of power in most of the States and 2 of 3 branches Federally, there's no way the GOP would allow comprehensive immigration reform. It just doesn't work with their vote suppression and election stealing agenda.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 03-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Captain Poke Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Bolded the incredibly hilarious part. There's no way any of that was going to pass even when they held all the levers of power. They couldn't even talk about a Public Option for healthcare because of their fear of the GOP messaging. They're pussies. The GOP knows this. The people who fund both the GOP and the Dems know this. Instead of staking out policy positions that are morally right and responsible, they "pre-cave" to the Right like they're paid to do.

After they lost all the levers of power in most of the States and 2 of 3 branches Federally, there's no way the GOP would allow comprehensive immigration reform. It just doesn't work with their vote suppression and election stealing agenda.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:04 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTdi View Post
As I said "...I am quite confident that people who have an anti-illegal immigrant position do not give a rat's fanny-perpendicular where illegal immigrants are from. "

The next time I see ICE agents in the richer neighborhoods around Tampa Bay, or the country, dragging white people out of million dollar homes, then I'll consider your statement accurate.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:16 PM
Captain Poke Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
The next time I see ICE agents in the richer neighborhoods around Tampa Bay, or the country, dragging white people out of million dollar homes, then I'll consider your statement accurate.
You will consider my confidence accurate????

Old 03-13-2018, 08:17 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Bolded the incredibly hilarious part.
Comprehensive, bipartisan immigration reform passed the Senate (TWICE, actually, in 2006 and 2013) and W Bush or Obama would've signed those bills into law. It died a horrible death in the House each time thanks to the mouthbreathers in the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus. Them's the facts.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...bills-2006-20/
Old 03-13-2018, 11:20 PM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

RIP Dr Steven Hawking.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:27 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post

Having a plan for immigration reform is a huge reason why I voted for him on his first term. If his plan was as thoughtful as he led his constituents to believe, then I don't believe it is okay to abandon it just because of the political environment. That isn't what I voted for, it is not okay to give up on your word just because you might lose, which is why he soured on me and I abstained from voting him in the second term.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:43 AM
Captain Poke Check