BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 07-13-2018, 07:09 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
I finally put Guy Gaudreau (North County High School + Vermont Hall of Fame) and Johnny "hockey" Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) together.

I played against Guy in High School and he was unreal shifty. Good hands and very fast. Great hockey player. Perhaps an even better soccer player.
Glad to see his son make the bigs.

ABOUT GUY, Johnny's father
QUOTE "He had similar impressive numbers on the ice for the North County Falcons, leading the fledgling program to become a state power. His final three years were North Country's first on the ice and he scored 118 goals in three years including 45 as a junior and 51 as a senior. He led the third-year Falcons to a 15-0-0 regular season mark before falling to BFA St. Albans in the D-I 1976 title game. He was twice named a Vermont First Team All-Star.

He excelled for four years on the ice at ECAC D-II Norwich in a time when few Vermont high school players made the jump to college hockey. He was the Cadets top scorer in three of his four seasons and like in soccer, as a senior he was the team's MVP and an ECAC D-II All-Star. He finished his career with 144 points on 88 goals and 56 assists, graduating among the program's all-time leaders including its top-five in points." END QUOTE

NOTE - His upstart high school team lost to BFA or Bellows Free Academy which is a high school powerhouse with a strong youth program who helped developed John Leclair and current UMaine coach Red Gendron coached at BFA for several years before making the jump to college hockey. My High school started its program about the same year as North country, one of the major differences was our goalie who I gave the knick name "Landcrab"...or Crab for short... because once he was down he flailed and floundered to get back up. Gaudreau ate him up.

http://www.vermontsportshall.com/2017gaudreau.html
Great memories gp. I thought Johnny was from New Jersey, I wonder when the family moved there.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:06 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Former NHL goalie (and Lightning camper) Ray Emery has died. He drowned while swimming with friends this morning.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:49 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Omg how awful
Old 07-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Crispy's Notepad

Default life well lived

beat the odds and expectations with more detractors trying to spoil his successes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlSrf0jj...d=15lhm504azhn
Old 07-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Well, since its quiet, and offseason, here is a bit of hockey history about Eddie Shore.
This guy was beat physically by the time he was done.

QUOTE "When his playing career ended, he had made the league All-Star team eight times and had assured himself a place in the Hockey Hall of Fame. Driving himself the way he drove his players later, Shore had also acquired more than 900 stitches in his face and body, several fractures in his back, hip, collarbone, nose and jaw, and a mouth minus every tooth." END QUOTE

https://www.si.com/vault/1967/03/13/...ad-to-be-eddie

Last edited by gphockey; 07-17-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

One more, EMERGENCY goalie stories.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...330-story.html