BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-13-2018, 05:45 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
That was an eminently winnable game, and 18 guys in white played well on the balance.

With last change, Babcock ran rings around Cooper and Bowness and Toronto just worked over our third pair weak link. And Babcock was able to do it all game long, because Bowness kept rolling them out there to get burned again and again and again.

Dotchin, Kooks and Peca are a damn site better than Coburn, Sustr and Paquette. We didn't ice our best team, and paid for it. Coaches should own this one.
This is completely how I feel. This team is made for Koekkoek to play against. But take that away. If we ever see Sustr/Coburn paired together again, Bowness should be fired on the spot. That pair was one of the worst pairs in the NHL statistically last year, and Coburn has regressed this year. Babcock straight abused that pairing. Even if the coaching staff argues that Coburn and Sustr are over Koekkoek and Dotchin (don't know how, but again, besides the point), there is NO justification for putting them on the same pair (especially on the road). Vasi didn't play great, and they showed some great ability coming back, but I put this one on our coaches.

I also think it's worth pointing out one of the main pluses on Sustr is his PK ability. But on the last 5 PKs, we have played him 11 seconds.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:23 AM
Cooper's Law

Default Horrid

Bowness did a horrid job putting the D pairs together. I really do not understand his love for Sustr. Yes this game was perfect for SKK who is much faster than either Coburn or Sustr . Bad coaching will cost us a cup if this does not stop.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Reading these reminds me of speech that Jim Valvano gave at the International City Managers Association.

I don’t really know why I’m here. I don’t know anything about being a city manager. You’ve been trained on how to be a City Manager, you have years of experience. It would be stupid for me to tell you how to do your job. Then again, everyone of you think that you know more than I do and can do a better job than I can - right?
Old 02-13-2018, 01:36 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Lol

Thanks for the reality check Donnie.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:46 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

It would be interesting to hear Bones describe his thinking putting 55 and 62 together for the whole game.....Perhaps one, or both of them, is being "showcased"???
Old 02-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
It would be interesting to hear Bones describe his thinking putting 55 and 62 together for the whole game.....Perhaps one, or both of them, is being "showcased"???
I would think a better way of showcasing them would be hiding the shit out of them with Hedman or Stralman...
Old 02-13-2018, 06:56 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_haas View Post
I would think a better way of showcasing them would be hiding the shit out of them with Hedman or Stralman...
I guess I should’ve put a “/s” after that eh?? Or, perhaps this:
Old 02-14-2018, 11:30 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
I guess I should’ve put a “/s” after that eh?? Or, perhaps this:
Haha yes.

Hopefully more to come. Team is running low and it seems to me like Dotchin is fighting it now too.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:08 PM
Jimmie Olvestad's Dimensional Speed

Quote:
Scouts from over 20 NHL teams were in the Air Canada Center Monday night.