BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-17-2018, 06:15 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
The white non-college male makes up about 23-25% of our work force. Most fall into the area of a "blue collar" worker.
People of color make up 36% of the working class. If Trump's appeal is not cultural/tribal but rather based purely on his economic policy stances, then why do blue collar people of color overwhelmingly DISapprove of Trump?

Quote:
Some of these same workers feel that they have been left behind by rules put into place by the EEOC. Many of these same workers are very well qualified however feel that they have been left behind because of rules and regulations which some would say promote "reverse discrimination" in the work place when it comes to hiring and promotions.
You should never go full Laura Ingraham, Waiver.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Default The Path to Authoritarianism

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 08-18-2018, 07:18 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Very good post Dannybolt.

Many here want you to believe that those that voted for Trump was because they are racist or gun loving NRA nuts. That is very short sighted. Look no further than economics.

Look no further than those that blast the tariffs, which I must admit had me very worried that we would fall back into a down turn in the market. But yesterday we learn that the US and Mexico may very well find common ground and find it in a few days.

Then the administration will turn to Canada and propose something very similar. This can only be a good thing for our country.

Last night we learned that China has agreed to come to the table and discuss trade talks with the US. This is fantastic news. However I seriously doubt that you will find many of the "regulars" here even mention this as they are hell bent on not giving this administration and credit for anything.

And now let those blast away saying I am defending Trump. Well I'm not, I just stating the facts.
Too bad about the loss of the free press, family values and democracy... but the trains are running on time.

Last edited by Donnie D; 08-18-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:16 AM
BP Staff

What is hilarious is Waiver trying to tout the negotiation skillls of this administration after the way they got completely snowed by backward-ass North Korea. Oh yeah... I’m sure they’ll do just great in a negotiation against the Chinese.

Meanwhile, steel still costs 35% more than it should. Love ya construction and automotive industries.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:02 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
You should never go full Laura Ingraham, Waiver.
BTW, don’t @ me ever again that Trump’s appeal in the Midwest wasn’t actually about racial resentment and that “economic anxiety” was the real core reason. Waiver all but just admitted it was all about racial resentment. People need to stop trying to be polite and call out what happened for what it is. Not every Trump supporter is a flaming racist, but he wouldn’t have won a single state in the primaries, let alone won the Electoral College, if he hadn’t sought to curry favor with racists and anti-Semites. Period.

The gap between haves and have-nots widening is a real thing, but the reason it’s President Trump right now is that Trump preyed on people by being a racist demagogue who told uneducated folks that brown and Jewish people were the source of that gap. Plain and simple.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:47 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

As Zeyk said and has shown, Its the authoritarian personality come to the forefront. I still maintain that a 30% of the electorate gravitates to and supports this "press is the enemy of the people" and the related BS.

The only way is to cleanse and repudiate this crap is for ALL like-minded progressives to VOTE in November