BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-13-2019, 05:03 PM
aapbolt aapbolt is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,597
Default Weeks

Weeks may still be mad we hired Brian instead of him for our broadcast team. Most of the time he is fair and does, occasionally, give us props, more than the other guys except Kathryn Tappen who always gives us props .
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-23-2019, 12:28 AM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 16,850
Default

Some nice press for us from ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...urney-rewarded
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-24-2019, 10:25 AM
bolts37205 bolts37205 is offline
Crispy's Notepad
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Belle Meade Tn
Posts: 1,097
Default disagree

our coverage is so much better than in the recent and far past, I disagree and perceive hammered in respect always from both mentioned parties only sportsnet and tsn show less love for us than should be. Read between the lines and watch bodylanguage and NHL bandwidth and television waves recognize us. I am always happy for Lightning news and watch too much NHLN. We are no longer an underdog, we are recognized as the bad boys on the block and the league is judged against our standard this year.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 AM
goldenbolt goldenbolt is offline
John Grahame's Designated Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 434
Default Northern Elitist Bias Alive and Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts37205 View Post
our coverage is so much better than in the recent and far past, I disagree and perceive hammered in respect always from both mentioned parties only sportsnet and tsn show less love for us than should be. Read between the lines and watch bodylanguage and NHL bandwidth and television waves recognize us. I am always happy for Lightning news and watch too much NHLN. We are no longer an underdog, we are recognized as the bad boys on the block and the league is judged against our standard this year.
My gripe is simple. They downplay, and all of them do it, the stats and records being set by the team and the players. The fall back excuse is they are a good team therefor Kuch's 100 or Vasy's stats are not really award worthy like say that of a Fleury, Kane or any one else who is not on a really good team. Those and their siblings are all 'really more worthy' of the awards because they play on a crappy team one not as good as us.

Believe me if Matthews, Tavares, Pasta had 100 points there would not even be a discussion about any other player. They would go on and on for 10 minutes a show to tell us how good they are.

The Northern elitist mentality is alive and well and until we stuff their crap up their noses with a cup no one will listen. Also, should we do that we will be seen as a one time wonder as they load up for the next great whatever team from the elitist colony they chose to hook up with just the way it is.
__________________
The journey starts
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:32 AM
Jody W's Avatar
Jody W Jody W is offline
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbolt View Post
My gripe is simple. They downplay, and all of them do it, the stats and records being set by the team and the players. The fall back excuse is they are a good team therefor Kuch's 100 or Vasy's stats are not really award worthy like say that of a Fleury, Kane or any one else who is not on a really good team. Those and their siblings are all 'really more worthy' of the awards because they play on a crappy team one not as good as us.

Believe me if Matthews, Tavares, Pasta had 100 points there would not even be a discussion about any other player. They would go on and on for 10 minutes a show to tell us how good they are.

The Northern elitist mentality is alive and well and until we stuff their crap up their noses with a cup no one will listen. Also, should we do that we will be seen as a one time wonder as they load up for the next great whatever team from the elitist colony they chose to hook up with just the way it is.
Thank you - my point exactly! We are on a 9 game winning streak - barely gets mentioned - if someone else goes on a 4-5 game streak - it's news! It's just a shame that these boys don't get the recognition they deserve - probably doesn't bother the team as much as it bothers us fans!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:53 AM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody W View Post
Thank you - my point exactly! We are on a 9 game winning streak - barely gets mentioned - if someone else goes on a 4-5 game streak - it's news! It's just a shame that these boys don't get the recognition they deserve - probably doesn't bother the team as much as it bothers us fans!
Doesn’t bother me at all. Winning is all that matters. Worrying about press clippings smacks of an orange haired dotard obsessing over crowd size and being “liked” or, in his case, patronized.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:55 AM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Doesn’t bother me at all. Winning is all that matters. Worrying about press clippings smacks of an orange haired dotard obsessing over crowd size and being “liked” or, in his case, patronized.
This is a very good point.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-27-2019, 11:37 AM
Bolthed's Avatar
Bolthed Bolthed is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesvegas!
Posts: 4,735
Default

Win the Cup. That’s all that matters.
__________________
“Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:32 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,344
Default

I think the year we won the cup or the year before, sports illustrated had us dead last.

Who cares. We'll make our noise in the playoffs or not at all.
__________________
If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-27-2019, 06:00 PM
aapbolt aapbolt is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,597
Default JR

JR seems to think the only team who can beat us is ourselves, a sentiment I agree on. Kathryn Tappan really likes us and gives us props, when the others do that it appears that they are swallowing something nasty when they do talk about us.
Win the cup then we can shove it in their faces.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.