BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-13-2019, 05:03 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Weeks

Weeks may still be mad we hired Brian instead of him for our broadcast team. Most of the time he is fair and does, occasionally, give us props, more than the other guys except Kathryn Tappen who always gives us props .
Old 02-23-2019, 12:28 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Some nice press for us from ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...urney-rewarded
Old 02-24-2019, 10:25 AM
Crispy's Notepad

Default disagree

our coverage is so much better than in the recent and far past, I disagree and perceive hammered in respect always from both mentioned parties only sportsnet and tsn show less love for us than should be. Read between the lines and watch bodylanguage and NHL bandwidth and television waves recognize us. I am always happy for Lightning news and watch too much NHLN. We are no longer an underdog, we are recognized as the bad boys on the block and the league is judged against our standard this year.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 AM
John Grahame's Designated Driver

Default Northern Elitist Bias Alive and Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts37205 View Post
our coverage is so much better than in the recent and far past, I disagree and perceive hammered in respect always from both mentioned parties only sportsnet and tsn show less love for us than should be. Read between the lines and watch bodylanguage and NHL bandwidth and television waves recognize us. I am always happy for Lightning news and watch too much NHLN. We are no longer an underdog, we are recognized as the bad boys on the block and the league is judged against our standard this year.
My gripe is simple. They downplay, and all of them do it, the stats and records being set by the team and the players. The fall back excuse is they are a good team therefor Kuch's 100 or Vasy's stats are not really award worthy like say that of a Fleury, Kane or any one else who is not on a really good team. Those and their siblings are all 'really more worthy' of the awards because they play on a crappy team one not as good as us.

Believe me if Matthews, Tavares, Pasta had 100 points there would not even be a discussion about any other player. They would go on and on for 10 minutes a show to tell us how good they are.

The Northern elitist mentality is alive and well and until we stuff their crap up their noses with a cup no one will listen. Also, should we do that we will be seen as a one time wonder as they load up for the next great whatever team from the elitist colony they chose to hook up with just the way it is.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:32 AM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbolt View Post
My gripe is simple. They downplay, and all of them do it, the stats and records being set by the team and the players. The fall back excuse is they are a good team therefor Kuch's 100 or Vasy's stats are not really award worthy like say that of a Fleury, Kane or any one else who is not on a really good team. Those and their siblings are all 'really more worthy' of the awards because they play on a crappy team one not as good as us.

Believe me if Matthews, Tavares, Pasta had 100 points there would not even be a discussion about any other player. They would go on and on for 10 minutes a show to tell us how good they are.

The Northern elitist mentality is alive and well and until we stuff their crap up their noses with a cup no one will listen. Also, should we do that we will be seen as a one time wonder as they load up for the next great whatever team from the elitist colony they chose to hook up with just the way it is.
Thank you - my point exactly! We are on a 9 game winning streak - barely gets mentioned - if someone else goes on a 4-5 game streak - it's news! It's just a shame that these boys don't get the recognition they deserve - probably doesn't bother the team as much as it bothers us fans!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody W View Post
Thank you - my point exactly! We are on a 9 game winning streak - barely gets mentioned - if someone else goes on a 4-5 game streak - it's news! It's just a shame that these boys don't get the recognition they deserve - probably doesn't bother the team as much as it bothers us fans!
Doesn’t bother me at all. Winning is all that matters. Worrying about press clippings smacks of an orange haired dotard obsessing over crowd size and being “liked” or, in his case, patronized.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:55 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Doesn’t bother me at all. Winning is all that matters. Worrying about press clippings smacks of an orange haired dotard obsessing over crowd size and being “liked” or, in his case, patronized.
This is a very good point.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:37 AM
Cooper's Law

Win the Cup. That’s all that matters.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:32 PM

I think the year we won the cup or the year before, sports illustrated had us dead last.

Who cares. We'll make our noise in the playoffs or not at all.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:00 PM
Cooper's Law

Default JR

JR seems to think the only team who can beat us is ourselves, a sentiment I agree on. Kathryn Tappan really likes us and gives us props, when the others do that it appears that they are swallowing something nasty when they do talk about us.
Win the cup then we can shove it in their faces.