BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I know if I could I would.....but do not know how......would love to see a Photo Shop of the Cally celebration with someone rubbing his tummy.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Good. F' 'em. They got handed a SCF team when we started with Wendel Young and a bunch of rejects, and their fans acted like a bunch of snobs like they'd earned it. Keep kicking them while they're down until they finally move to Quebec City.
I will NEVER forget the strutting packs of drunk Cats fans roaming the concourses, and throwing drunken shade on us in our rink. That said, I've been to a number of games at BBT and have talked to a fair number of fans and there are ALOT of just plain old hockey fans; most of whom came from northern climes. They've been cursed by very poor management and marketing, (Zimmerman included). But, so be it.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:26 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I will NEVER forget the strutting packs of drunk Cats fans roaming the concourses, and throwing drunken shade on us in our rink. That said, I've been to a number of games at BBT and have talked to a fair number of fans and there are ALOT of just plain old hockey fans; most of whom came from northern climes. They've been cursed by very poor management and marketing, (Zimmerman included). But, so be it.
None of the "fans" who were there for that original SCF Final run are around. None of the Paul Laus spitlickers. None of the subsequent Bure brother-loving puck bunnies. Not even the toadstools who were dumb enough to tried to argue that Stephen Weiss was a better player than Vincent Lecavalier. There are no legacy Panthers fans the way there were many legacy Lightning fans, even when the team stank out loud. They didn't have the guts to stick it out the way our fans did.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:27 AM
BP Staff

And yes, I want to kill their f'ing franchise off the way we helped kill Atlanta's off, because I'm that damned petty and hateful (about hockey).

Last edited by pete; 02-12-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

Just watched the condensed game on Youtube. Looks like we are giving up way....WAY too many quality scoring chances in our high slot area.

Not sure what we are going after at the trade deadline, but perhaps a D man or a great back checking forward would garner consideration.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:32 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Just watched the condensed game on Youtube. Looks like we are giving up way....WAY too many quality scoring chances in our high slot area.

Not sure what we are going after at the trade deadline, but perhaps a D man or a great back checking forward would garner consideration.
They were playing down to their competition, to a degree, against Florida. I think Cooper's right: tonight's game against Calgary will be a far more important measuring stick about where the team is defensively.