BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
A new filing from the Manhattan district attorney’s office suggests that the office is investigating President Donald Trump and his company for potential bank and insurance fraud. The filing argues that Trump should be required to submit eight years of corporate and personal tax returns in compliance with the office’s subpoena, despite objections by Trump claiming the subpoena should be declared invalid. The office only broadly referred to the reason for their investigation, stating “undisputed” news reports regarding Trump’s business practices gave them reason to issue the subpoena. Reports have indicated that the president may have given lenders and insurers false information, artificially inflating his net worth and his properties’ values. Trump’s lawyers insist he has done nothing wrong.
Then he should have no problem showing them the pertinent documents in order to clear his name, right?
Old 08-03-2020, 04:17 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Then he should have no problem showing them the pertinent documents in order to clear his name, right?
Except in right wing media and among the fearful complicit members of mainstream media, Democrats are guilty until proven innocent (produce the docs) and Republicans are innocent until proven guilty (you can't make us produce the docs).

I think DubDub has a tatoo of this principle.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:37 AM

Why the polls mean less than zero.

Democratic voters are more than twice as likely as Republican voters to be concerned about the risks of in-person voting during the coronavirus pandemic, according to Ipsos-Axios polling released Tuesday.

Polls mean nothing if you don’t vote.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Why the polls mean less than zero.

Democratic voters are more than twice as likely as Republican voters to be concerned about the risks of in-person voting during the coronavirus pandemic, according to Ipsos-Axios polling released Tuesday.

Polls mean nothing if you don’t vote.
I'd like to know how the question was worded. Being concerned doesn't mean you won't absentee or that you won't still go to the polls in person.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:41 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I'd like to know how the question was worded. Being concerned doesn't mean you won't absentee or that you won't still go to the polls in person.
Correct.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

If I signed up for mail in/absentee balloting for the Primary and for the local contests having primaries this month, do I have to do it for the Presidential election too? Wasn't sure if I could just show up at my precinct on November 3 if I hadn't voted by mail.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:31 PM

Florida?

You can sign up for mail in voting for only the primary. That’s what I did. I wanted to see how it worked. But it was so easy that I am going to sign up for the general election too.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:59 PM

I've been mail in voting for 16 years now. Never had an issue (though who knows, maybe they changed my votes OMG).
Old 08-04-2020, 05:58 PM

More than 500,000 absentee ballotS in Michigan will not be delivered in time after policy changes made by Trumps recently appointed postmaster General. The Trump administration has implemented changes the slow down the delivery of mail to “save” money.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
More than 500,000 absentee ballotS in Michigan will not be delivered in time after policy changes made by Trumps recently appointed postmaster General. The Trump administration has implemented changes the slow down the delivery of mail to “save” money.
I'm so f'ing tired of the corruption and cheating being done right to our faces. They don't give an F because they know they won't face any charges.