BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Cooper's Law

Pyatt sitting surprised me, he's been one of the most consistently effective forecheckers and can routinely be found barging down the slot, crashing the cage for centering feeds...and has the hands to put those in
Old 04-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

And for those that intend to attend one of the remaiming games you need to show up early. As of last night everyone that enters the Forum must go through a scan similer that was used one time at the airports. In other words everything out of the pockets. What upset me was they had no place, like a dish. for you to put you things in.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side View Post
And for those that intend to attend one of the remaiming games you need to show up early. As of last night everyone that enters the Forum must go through a scan similer that was used one time at the airports. In other words everything out of the pockets. What upset me was they had no place, like a dish. for you to put you things in.
They were very disorganized last night. They didn't scan me but scanned my friend who I went with, and I saw a few others as I was waiting that were skipped by the scan.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side View Post
Same thing happened at the beginning of the season at the Verizon Center. Very disorganized and no heads up notice made for an empty 1st period.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Between periods, I discussed walking through the the metal detector and some of the folks asked what the heck I was talking about. So I don't know if they are up at some of the entrances and not at others.

I was told that this is Butthead's idea and they are being installed at all NHL arenas. So I guess that's why ticket prices went up 50% in some sections.

I agree - they were totally disorganized, but in all fairness, it's kind of hard to practice the process in advance. The team sends all season ticket holders a notice before game. I never read them since they are the same every night. But I checked today and nothing was said in the notice about the delay getting in.

Some fans were arguing about not wanting to go through the box. Others were upset about being wanded. Still others didn't like having to take everything out of their pockets laying it on a table and having the ushers handle their personal items.

I didn't really mind it, but I don't have a problem at airports either. It is what it is. But if you go to all the trouble of sending out an e-mail, why not use it to tell them about the new entry procedure.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Between periods, I discussed walking through the the metal detector and some of the folks asked what the heck I was talking about. So I don't know if they are up at some of the entrances and not at others.

I was told that this is Butthead's idea and they are being installed at all NHL arenas. So I guess that's why ticket prices went up 50% in some sections.

I agree - they were totally disorganized, but in all fairness, it's kind of hard to practice the process in advance. The team sends all season ticket holders a notice before game. I never read them since they are the same every night. But I checked today and nothing was said in the notice about the delay getting in.

Some fans were arguing about not wanting to go through the box. Others were upset about being wanded. Still others didn't like having to take everything out of their pockets laying it on a table and having the ushers handle their personal items.

I didn't really mind it, but I don't have a problem at airports either. It is what it is. But if you go to all the trouble of sending out an e-mail, why not use it to tell them about the new entry procedure.
At staples center, you have to pass through a metal detector and that's it.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 PM

Oh I was wondering why the hell Carolina had metal detectors when they showed fans getting in to our last game there. It's a league wide thing? Fuck that shit. That's horrible. Why are they doing this just NOW, TWELVE years after all the 9/11 paranoia? So basically they ruin everyone's time getting into the game for zero added value. I've stuck to my guns not going to a single home game this year, partially because of the lockout, this definitely seals it. I'll be back next season but I certainly won't enjoy this aspect of the experience.

Last edited by Hoek; 04-10-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Oh I was wondering why the hell Carolina had metal detectors when they showed fans getting in to our last game there. It's a league wide thing? Fuck that shit. That's horrible. Why are they doing this just NOW, TWELVE years after all the 9/11 paranoia? So basically they ruin everyone's time getting into the game for zero added value. I've stuck to my guns not going to a single home game this year, partially because of the lockout, this definitely seals it. I'll be back next season but I certainly won't enjoy this aspect of the experience.
I wonder if they can explain this to us. I bet they can't tell us of an incident that would warrant such action other than the courts say they can.

This is total garbage.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Staples has been doing it for at least 9 years now.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 PM

They searched all of the guys heavily when we went to a Tool concert at the Sun Dome about five years ago. No surprise there. When it's a classic rock show for the geezers they barely even make eye contact as they wave you through.