BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 09-29-2020, 10:53 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

We will learn more soon. Some local radio guy said Stammer was also dealing with something non-hockey/non-injury related.

But write him off at your own peril. Dude is 30. He’s got game left.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:57 AM

Yeah I doubt it's career ending but then nothing will truly surprise me with Stamkos' awful luck. I just don't see how he could've gotten messed up so bad in a practice session.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
We will learn more soon. Some local radio guy said Stammer was also dealing with something non-hockey/non-injury related.

But write him off at your own peril. Dude is 30. He’s got game left.

There was some interview with Stamkos after the win where he alluded to issues off the ice as well back home. Wish I could find it, it made me double take.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:51 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

yes he mentioned distractions and back home issues after thanking family and friends for being rocks. Wife and young child surely missed him immensely. Could be more, but there was more alluded to than just physical injury.

Capt Dave is gonna talk with him as interview in all likelihood but could be a sounding board. I have tried hard to look at his skate, still a medical mystery to me.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:53 PM
Cooper's Law

To tie up a couple loose ends from different trades we made:

The Callahan trade to Ottawa last offseason included our 5th going to Ottawa for Mike Condon and Ottawa's 6th rounder. The pick swap ended up being for a whole two picks (155 for 157).

The Goodrow trade ended up being the #31 pick for Goodrow + pick #85. So we ended up trading down 54 spots for a non-rental who helped us win the cup.

The Coleman trade ended up being Nolan Foote + pick #20 for Coleman.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
To tie up a couple loose ends from different trades we made:

The Callahan trade to Ottawa last offseason included our 5th going to Ottawa for Mike Condon and Ottawa's 6th rounder. The pick swap ended up being for a whole two picks (155 for 157).

The Goodrow trade ended up being the #31 pick for Goodrow + pick #85. So we ended up trading down 54 spots for a non-rental who helped us win the cup.

The Coleman trade ended up being Nolan Foote + pick #20 for Coleman.
Yeah, I was not thrilled with the 1sts all going away along with Foote. But those 2 were VITAL in the cup, so all I can do is say this is why JBB is a GM and I'm a schmuck at a desk.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:32 PM

I just wish we didn't have to break up the Foote brothers, seemed like a premature end to what could have been a good story.

The nice thing about Coleman, is now you can deal him away, recoup some assets, and save some cap space.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:34 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
I just wish we didn't have to break up the Foote brothers, seemed like a premature end to what could have been a good story.

The nice thing about Coleman, is now you can deal him away, recoup some assets, and save some cap space.
Why would we deal Coleman? The whole point of acquiring him was that he only makes $1.8 million next year and can replace Killorn who probably will be traded.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Why would we deal Coleman? The whole point of acquiring him was that he only makes $1.8 million next year and can replace Killorn who probably will be traded.
Because we may have to pinch every penny that we can. Paquette makes 1.6 and he's likely to be jettisoned too. You'll have a difficult time making the math work to keep our 3 key RFA's if even small hits like Coleman aren't on the table.

If we don't have to trade him, great.