BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-15-2018, 08:51 PM
Alex Kharitonov's Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Did Wilson just hurt his hand punching someone after being pushed to the ice by Paquette? That would be funny.
I thought the same thing...karma?

Old 05-15-2018, 09:55 PM
Alex Kharitonov's Balls

Default Well done lads!

Welcome back!

Old 05-15-2018, 10:00 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Going up by 2 early was huge. They really got in a groove after that and the Caps just folded up like the cheap tents they are.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:07 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

It's amazing what happens when you have your penalty kill play aggressive and attack as soon as they enter the zone...
Old 05-15-2018, 10:16 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Going up by 2 early was huge. They really got in a groove after that and the Caps just folded up like the cheap tents they are.
Vasy held the team in early(6-7minutes). Some big saves through the game after that. None bigger than that save on Ovie in tight.

Bolts woke up and got to their forechecking game and were consistent with it. The 1/1/3 trap shit that they kept breaking themselves on in games 1 and 2 had no effect on the Lightning because they committed to a simplified game and committed to playing it hard and working.

Kucherov was NOT working. He's had no work ethic for quite awhile. I can understand if he's injured not winning battles etc. But the stupidity with puck management is another thing. It's unforgivable.

Game 4 is winnable. It will take the same buy-in though. It will take the same job from Vasy. If Vasy gets hot, he can put the team on his back and carry them to the finals. Caps better hope he's not getting there.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 05-15-2018, 11:00 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Bolts woke up and got to their forechecking game and were consistent with it. The 1/1/3 trap shit that they kept breaking themselves on in games 1 and 2 had no effect on the Lightning because they committed to a simplified game and committed to playing it hard and working.
Washington can't go whole hog on the 1-1-3 if they don't have the lead. If Tampa Bay has the lead, Washington's kind of screwed. Without Backstrom they're not constructed to chase the game. So, if I'm the Lightning, I'm putting a lot of focus on that first 20 minutes in Game Four, because if you win that first 20 minutes you're the odds-on favorite to win the series, IMO.

Quote:
Game 4 is winnable. It will take the same buy-in though. It will take the same job from Vasy. If Vasy gets hot, he can put the team on his back and carry them to the finals. Caps better hope he's not getting there.
Vasiy is getting into his groove, but the caveat is I kind of expect Washington to bring Backstrom in. That's a gamble on their part, though, because it may torch their chemistry of the past couple of weeks. I just can't imagine them not putting all their cards on the table in Game Four because it's not hard to imagine whoever wins Game Four is probably going to win the series.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:29 PM
XO Sniper

Caps definitely looked a little too confident and comfortable, having dominated us for two games. We came out fighting mad and it worked out great. Washington didn't even seem to have time to get into their 1-1-3 most of the game.

Kuznetsov (sp) looked like the most dangerous cap all night. Washington will show up again for game 4. Then we'll really see what we have.

I'm glad Cooper moved Miller off the top line. He's just not been as effective in the tighter checking postseason. Hopefully Gourde going back up with Point gets him going again.

It looks so good to see Stammer ripping one timers in again. He looks like he's gotten his shooting confidence back.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:30 PM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Finally Lightning put their foot in the door. Still feel they have more. Still need to make better decisions. Puck support was much better. Game 4 should be a war. Still too many open looks for Washington. Time for Vasilevskiy shutout. Go Bolts!!!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:18 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Coop: A+ in alignments
Defense: B+ in winning a lot of battles along the boards in the D, AND Smart pinches to control the play.
Point huge again.
Power play? haaaaaaa
91 and 86?? Can you say timely performance??
Oh, and Vasy: set the tone and gave the guys the juice to bring in it in all three zones.
Stralman sure surprised me..Sure didn't play like he was hurt or compromised. The guy is a true warrior.

Rumors of the Bolts demise are just rumors. Caps chokeability is now in full display. Bring it boys.
Oh, and its OK by me if someone gets Ellers to have to use a feeding tube. Too bad 91 is such a gentleman.

Last edited by Puckhead; 05-16-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:50 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Sirius NHL XM speculating that Stralman may get a game suspension for his hit on Wilson? saying it was a head shot, "no place for that in our game"

With audio of Wilson basically saying if that was him delivering the same hit to Stralman he would get 5 games because of his history. From the angle I saw, it was shoulder to shoulder, Stralman got a boarding penalty which he deserved, but supplemental discipline?? Stralman is one of the more peaceful players in the game, a Lady Byng candidate if he wasn't a D man, with zero history of being a dirty player.

I also think Sergachev is becoming a man before our eyes and that he will be a beast for us for many years. He is not intimidated by anyone and dishes out more than he gets.