BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

I don't know. I do so enjoy seeing the Pens lose but a big part of me wants to be the team that ends their cup run. Is that being greedy?

Does everybody think we for sure would rather play the Caps? Even on a just finally beat the Pens high?
Old 05-06-2018, 09:31 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwater View Post
I don't know. I do so enjoy seeing the Pens lose but a big part of me wants to be the team that ends their cup run. Is that being greedy?

Does everybody think we for sure would rather play the Caps? Even on a just finally beat the Pens high?
I want the easiest path possible, whatever that may be.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:48 PM
XO Sniper

Quote:

If we're exercising past demons, we need Pittsburgh next. Do you really want to see if we're the best team? Take on the best challengers.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:37 PM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Total TEAM effort. Lightning had 17 goals in series and 12 different scorers. Again great team defense. Limited turnovers and great physical play. Winning four straight was certainly the WOW factor. Could somebody please run Tom Jones out of town. Think everyone should have the option to listen to their own TV announcers or bring back Gary Thorne. Who’s next! Go Bolts!!!
Old 05-06-2018, 11:53 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

The perfect metaphor for this series was Miller stone colding Backes. That hit was symptomatic of what the Bolts brought to this series. This group has mucho sandpaper. Witness Miller, Paquette, Callahan, Palat, and even the "C" throwing his weight around. Bodes well for the next two series, and I think I'm correct in saying we all are relishing their skillful AND gritty play.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:15 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Ran into Pierre McGuire and dog-faced boy Kenny Albert at the Marriott after the game. I asked Pierre if he was done crying yet and he blew up about the officiating.Pretty damn funny.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:05 AM
Alex Kharitonov's Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxf9 View Post
Total TEAM effort. Lightning had 17 goals in series and 12 different scorers. Again great team defense. Limited turnovers and great physical play. Winning four straight was certainly the WOW factor. Could somebody please run Tom Jones out of town. Think everyone should have the option to listen to their own TV announcers or bring back Gary Thorne. Who’s next! Go Bolts!!!
Ain't that the truth??? What happened to Thorne???

Old 05-07-2018, 07:16 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTdi View Post
a reverse-Polish sweep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Brad Marchand on NHL's warning him about licking players: 'I think it's pretty stupid'

I think it's pretty stupid, too, considering they should've just punished the shit out of you already.
Yeah, one would think French-kissing opposing players against their will would constitute a clear violation of league rules forbidding sexual harassment. Nothing against gays in general...Marchand is just letting his repressed tendencies get the best of him. Driving bodily fluids forcibly into the mouth of another person has to be a no-no. He performed similar, less invasive sexual harassment at least three other times...on international TV. But here's a warning.

Boy, how hockey has changed. Try to imagine someone licking Gordie Howe in the mouth, for example. The amount of work it would have been, cleaning up the ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat664422 View Post
If we're exercising past demons, we need Pittsburgh next.
Yes! Because those lazy-ass demons need a good workout

This series took me totally by surprise. I thought we were going to have a helluva time winning in BOS and was dreading a long, violent series. Instead, the boys upped their own toughness a couple notches and pounded the big bad B's into submission with authority. They beat them to loose pucks, they beat them on the scoreboard, and beat them at their own game.

The Conf Final will be EPIC. We get to be the team that takes out either Crosby or Ovechkin. Pens or Caps: one a Cup Champion dreaming of a threepeat, one a gang of perennial playoff chokers. If the latter end up polishing off the champs for us, so much the better. As noted elsewhere, the man-crush of Pierre Maguire on Sidney Crosby makes Marchand look positively hetero by comparison, don't know if we could "swallow" it. LOL

I like our chances against either of those clubs...I just hope it isn't the Vegas Knights that we face in the Final. Too much mojo!

Last edited by Top Shelf; 05-07-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:37 AM
Dave Mishkin's Larynx

Default Handshake line

I was wondering how Callahan would handle the handshake with Marchand - did not even look at him when he shook his hand - good for Callahan - carrying on the tradition and being classy about it! If I was in that line, I WOULD NOT have shaken his hand!
Old 05-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. I would love nothing more than to be the team to send them home.

But whoever we play I hope that the Caps and Pens go 7 games and knock each other out.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 05-07-2018 at 08:06 AM.