BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-24-2018, 05:34 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
EE says cally needs shoulder surgery, stamkos doesn't require any, kuch NOT banged up.
Hm. Let's see who he talks crap about this time. Better be himself.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:37 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Hm. Let's see who he talks crap about this time. Better be himself.
Yeah. Looks bad given the calling out of teammates from last season. Nuts.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 05-24-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I worry about this team becoming one of those elitely mediocre franchises like Washington and San Jose have been over the past decade. There's a certain staleness on this roster and this coaching staff that needs to be critically examined. I'm not saying that because they're poor players or poor coaches. I'm saying that because the chemistry of this group isn't quite good enough to earn the validation of winning Stanley Cup(s), plural, which is what the goal should be. Guys like Tyler Johnson and Alex Killorn and the like should not be safe with some of the quality youth coming up in this organization. Even Jon Cooper deserves to have some hard questions asked of him when I feel you have a very high quality coach like Ben Groulx sitting in Syracuse (presuming BriseBois doesn't leave soon and take Ben with him).

Steve Yzerman shouldn't be afraid to get a little ruthless this offseason.

Points well worth taking.

The last time we went to the ECF we lost in 6. SY tweaked the team over these 2 years and once again we go to the ECF and lost in 7. Being better by one game was not the tweaking we needed.

Forget about Stamkos, he is not the problem. He also is not the same player we resigned and even he admitted recently that he doubts he will ever be 100% again.

Do we need to take a serious look at some of our players...……...yup.
But remember this team was built for skill and speed. SY has done a fantastic job getting us there. I see the #1 problem not with the team, but the NHL.

Remember the days of the boring hockey NJ played? The NHL changed the rules which resulted in a much faster game. During the regular season on ice officials were told to call the grabbing, hold and interference, and they did. Teams were built to adjust to the new rules.

This post season I have no idea what happened to the rule book. I have watched play off hockey for far too many years an I would like to admit, and yes during the post season the officials tend to look the other way. But this season has been the worst yet. And I am not just talking about our team. Almost every game I watched something very blatant was not called. Even our team got away with many no calls.

Last night when we saw 7 Caps on the ice and no call, it made those around me ask "why play with any rules? Why call an icing or an offsides."

I watched games where a player would be pinned to the ice and taking shots to the back of the head or being cross checked and the ref standing 5 feet away and nothing is called.

Yeah yeah yeah you can say this is play off hockey all you want. But the truth is when the officials swallowed their whistles it hurts our team, and those built like ours, based on our make up.

Time for the league to man up and admit that they call the game totally different in the post season.

So SY has a choice. Remain the same or get bigger. I major overhaul is not needed but pete is right trading a major player may very well shake this team like it needs to be shaken.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 PM

There is obviously something going on. If hes not injured, he played 2 minutes less a game in the playoffs than the regular season. July 1 is going to be interesting.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
There is obviously something going on. If hes not injured, he played 2 minutes less a game in the playoffs than the regular season. July 1 is going to be interesting.
Offer him to the Islanders in a sign and trade deal if you think Tavares won't re-up. Give Tavares the money some said we had for Karlsson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbolt View Post
I just wonder if the injuries Stamkos has had over the past few years have caught up with him much like VL did? Don't have an answer as to what is going on with Kuch the past few months. I just find it hard to believe that you would dog it for 4 months because your buddy got traded and miss out on the ultimate goal for any hockey player. I think the bashing the Bolts took from Washington shows that a little more size is needed on the forward lines. Good for Coburn going at it with Wilson. I heard a comment a long time ago that it's not if you win or lose the fight but that you show up. Too bad several of his team mates didn't. Lastly congratulations to Washington for their win. It sucks that the Bolts lost but with their play I think Washington showed they wanted it more.
Several weeks ago Stamkos said that with the injuries he has had he will never be 100% the player we resigned.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:28 PM

We lost to the Pens in 7, not 6. It was the same exact scenario, up 3-2, except at home instead of on the road.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:32 PM

Chart of the whole series.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
We lost to the Pens in 7, not 6. It was the same exact scenario, up 3-2, except at home instead of on the road.
Thanks. For some reason I have always thought it was 6 games.

So then with all the tweaking we have done we didn't advance any further.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:15 PM

Old 05-25-2018, 07:44 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
.... kuch NOT banged up.
So he just sucked out loud?!?!?