BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 02-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default Your Stock Market Bets

Just curious who in here plays the stocks, which ones you are invested in, and why.

Me and my wife got married and I sold my house in September and are living with the in-laws until the summer when school lets out. That's the reason why I am investing, as a temporary savings account that may actually give me some ROI.

Stocks:
Aurora Cannabis
Lowes
Bank of America
Texas Instruments
Apple
Amazon
Dollar General
Visa

I am actually even for the year. 20% down on Apple which is mitigated by the gains I've had with Texas Instruments and Amazon. I have considered ETF's through vanguard.

How are you all doing?

Last edited by RSchmitz; 02-05-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:36 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Just curious who in here plays the stocks, which ones you are invested in, and why.

Me and my wife got married and I sold my house in September and are living with the in-laws until the summer when school lets out. That's the reason why I am investing, as a temporary savings account that may actually give me some ROI.

Stocks:
Aurora Cannabis
Lowes
Bank of America
Texas Instruments
Apple
Amazon
Dollar General
Visa

I am actually even for the year. 20% down on Apple which is mitigated by the gains I've had with Texas Instruments and Amazon. I have considered ETF's through vanguard.

How are you all doing?
I've had success riding Shake Shack up, then switching to Disney. Admittedly I missed out on further gains from Disney. I bought a little bit after they announced Disney+. I should have just bought in when they bought Marvel, and their endgame became clear. Disney is up 30-40% this year, but I think it still has a lot of room to run, especially after Disney+ launches and their subscriber numbers come in. I'd short Netflix if I was less risk averse, because their market cap is absurd in comparison to Disney.

Dollar General and Amazon are savvy picks IMO. Especially Amazon. AWS is a monster, and I suspect could be worth a ridiculous amount by itself.

Last edited by dannybolt; 07-12-2019 at 09:40 PM.