BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 11-16-2018, 05:51 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I'm gonna go ahead and call the Governors' races. Here's your scoring after "round one" so to speak...

42 - Puckhead
42 - BurnTHalO
40 - The Great Zo
38 - jdhebner
38 - Donnie D
36 - Flycoon
30 - pete
Old 11-21-2018, 01:16 PM
BP Staff

I'll get a little back on my House predictions. Will be 1 or 2 off the final number, I think, depending on if TJ Cox can come back and beat Valadao in California.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:03 PM

I think we're just waiting on CA-21 and GA-7 in the House, and the MS Senate runoff.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:24 PM
BP Staff

GA-7 just completed their recount and it looks like the Republican is going to be certified as the winner by ~450 votes. Considering the shady AF way that Georgia runs its elections, Bordeaux has a right to be pissed. In a fair fight, she's a Congresswoman.

CA-21 continues to tighten and the Republican's lead in the district is now well under 500 votes. Cook's Political Report's House reporter now thinks the Democrat, TJ Cox, is probably the favorite to win the way the late vote is breaking.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:32 PM

I know there are a couple things that aren't 100% final quite yet, but...

With CHS en route to a win in Mississippi, here's the Senate race.

39 - The Great Zo
30 - jdhebner
33 - BurnTHalO
27 - pete
27 - Flycoon
36 - Puckhead
30 - Donnie D

...and assuming the CA-21 race goes to TJ Cox (D) the end result will be D+40 in the house. Points awarded as follows:

10 - The Great Zo
0 - jdhebner
0 - BurnTHalO
45 - pete
0 - Flycoon
45 - Puckhead
35 - Donnie D

So, I did all the math, and though there are still a couple races out -- CA-21 isn't final, there's some weirdness going on in NC-9 -- I think the final scores are outside of the margin of error.

The results are in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Dat be a killer trophy!!
And now it's yours.

89 - The Great Zo
68 - jdhebner
75 - BurnTHalO
102 - pete
63 - Flycoon
123 - Puckhead
103 - Donnie D
Old 11-27-2018, 11:15 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Holy crapamundio! All I can say is that I'm a dilettante in the whole political discussions on this board. All of you are so astute, and compassionate, in looking at the things that represent the best and shall I say the better angels of our nature, and I will gladly surrender this magnificent trophy to one of us that can predict, and celebrate, the removal of this monster from the body politic. I'm sure we can discuss this at a later date.

In the meantime, I will proudly display the figure next to my pc. In Nevada, my new home, that btw went mostly blue in this, the Silver State.

(of course, thanks to the Zomeister for the scorekeeping. I knew I liked him with the original Detroit connection) :0

Last edited by Puckhead; 11-27-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Holy crapamundio! All I can say is that I'm a dilettante in the whole political discussions on this board. All of you are so astute, and compassionate, in looking at the things that represent the best and shall I say the better angels of our nature, and I will gladly surrender this magnificent trophy to one of us that can predict, and celebrate, the removal of this monster from the body politic. I'm sure we can discuss this at a later date.

In the meantime, I will proudly display the figure next to my pc. In Nevada, my new home, that btw went mostly blue in this, the Silver State.

(of course, thanks to the Zomeister for the scorekeeping. I knew I liked him with the original Detroit connection) :0
Congrats Pat! Your optimism was well founded. Letís hope it carries over to Ď20.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:17 AM
BP Staff

Donnie got me by 1 measly point. I should've never gotten frisky and called for the upset in Alaska!
Old 11-28-2018, 12:07 PM

I took my stupid pills and still beat you.