BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-29-2019, 07:37 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Of those you mentioned, Harris is the only one that would be hard to vote for. Wish Gabbard had made the cut, and am happy that Yang is in there if for nothing else than to talk about UBI and automation. My pick is still mayor Pete though
Old 08-29-2019, 08:50 AM
BP Staff

Re: Gabbard, I've already lived with one POTUS who is completely under Vladimir Putin's control. I'll pass on ever having another.

Harris is fine. I can live with any one of those "final five" candidates on issues and as a person, even Bernie. But, Harris in particular I think is a really, really, really good VP option for someone if she doesn't win outright. Particularly Biden. Your VP is supposed to be your attack dog, and she's an unrelenting bad ass. I think she'd destroy Pence on national TV.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:14 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
If you held a gun to my head right this minute, I'd say Warren's going to win because I think she's going to run the table in Iowa and New Hampshire, run Sanders out of the race, and be the candidate with big mo' early on.
I still like Sanders a bit more than Warren but I'd be happy with her getting the nomination over Biden without question. The sooner Sanders and Warren can hash out who's the chosen one so they can stop splitting the vote and put their full efforts against Biden the better.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:59 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
I still like Sanders a bit more than Warren but I'd be happy with her getting the nomination over Biden without question. The sooner Sanders and Warren can hash out who's the chosen one so they can stop splitting the vote and put their full efforts against Biden the better.
Honest question: who is Bernie Sanders going to add to his coalition that he doesn't already have? I just feel like he's at his ceiling of support and his supporters have poisoned the well with moderates.

Warren's poll numbers in Iowa and New Hampshire have been progressing nicely and all anecdotal information points to her having the best ground game of anyone in Iowa. Now, mind you, having the best ground game doesn't mean you win Iowa (ask Howard Dean), but I think if she wins Iowa she'll almost certainly win New Hampshire. And if she wins those two states, I think she'll start cannibalizing Bernie's remaining support.

That leaves Biden, who might well win Nevada on name ID alone, to try to stave off Harris in North Carolina to stay viable. North Carolina becomes the death match between those two to see who advances to square off with Warren. But, whoever that is, I think they go into that final head-to-head matchup trailing Warren nationally, and for Biden once he's no longer the frontrunner, I'm not sure he'll ever fully recover.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Cooper's Law

When I say I like Sanders more than Warren it isn't anything about who they bring to the table.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:58 PM

Every day I promise myself to refrain from political comments. Yet every day, the asshole does something that requires everyone to scream with disbelief.

The Trump administration recently told immigrant families who were granted permission to stay for medical care that their permission to stay has been rescinded and they have 33 days to leave the country. They are literally deporting kids with cancer.

Iíve had people tell me that the support Trump because he is pro life. Yeah, cutting children from medical treatment and sending them home to die is really pro life.

Hypocrites.

WW, these are the people and the policies that you continue to defend.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:15 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Deporting kids with cancer and enacting rules that will make it harder for the children of troops to become US citizens if born overseas. Gee, wasn't there a Senator he hated who fell under such a category?
Old 08-30-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Re: Gabbard, I've already lived with one POTUS who is completely under Vladimir Putin's control. I'll pass on ever having another.

Harris is fine. I can live with any one of those "final five" candidates on issues and as a person, even Bernie. But, Harris in particular I think is a really, really, really good VP option for someone if she doesn't win outright. Particularly Biden. Your VP is supposed to be your attack dog, and she's an unrelenting bad ass. I think she'd destroy Pence on national TV.
Hadn't heard about the Putin-Gabbard connection until now, but I'm reading into it.

Interesting, I'm not sure if I really like a candidate and their platform, that I should drop them because of theory-crafting.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:52 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...?noredirect=on

Quote:
Trump has privately instructed aides to skirt laws and regulations to get the wall built faster ó and told them he will pardon them if necessary
Quote:
In other words, Trump is pressuring a government agency to give a contract for his wall to a company whose chief executive is a donor to one of his top GOP allies in Congress.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Drain that swamp.

WW, this is the corrupt administration that you are defending.