BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 08-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
It was SFY, but we had to get rid of Drouin and St.Louis and made out ok even though we had to dump them.

Some team is going to see the potential and roll the dice on him. I see a place for him here with a responsible center like Cirelli.
Drouin had a 60 point pace the year he was dealt. Marty was a hall of famer. Quite a bit different from a kid with 37 points in 140 games. And both of them were still playing (not sitting in a different league openly saying they won't play for said team).
Old 08-29-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Drouin had a 60 point pace the year he was dealt. Marty was a hall of famer. Quite a bit different from a kid with 37 points in 140 games. And both of them were still playing (not sitting in a different league openly saying they won't play for said team).
That's true. I'm just pointing out that you can still get decent value back if someone wants the player.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
That's true. I'm just pointing out that you can still get decent value back if someone wants the player.
Sure, but you can't argue it's diminished. And you are diminishing the returns on a guy with already a very low buy rate, hence why I laugh at the idea of a player and prospect for him.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:27 PM

I don't get the hype with that guy. All drama and supposed "promise" but hasn't delivered jack. Why haven't people accepted that he's a bust yet?
Old 08-29-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I don't get the hype with that guy. All drama and supposed "promise" but hasn't delivered jack. Why haven't people accepted that he's a bust yet?
He's actually done pretty well in the AHL. And, I mean, it's Edmonton. Them failing to develop a guy that could still do well wouldn't be the most shocking thing.

BUT, wonder if Pierre and company will admit how wrong they were when Columbus took Dubois over him.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:08 PM
Cooper's Law

The way I see it, we have one open spot in our top 9. Of our current roster, Joseph would seem to have the inside track with Volkov likely being the top challenger. Is Puljujarvi going to have a more impactful season than Joseph or Volkov if we brought him in? He might have more total upside, but I don't really see him fitting in the checking role on a third line like the other two.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Because he plays for Edmonton, the elephant graveyard of hockey players
Old 08-29-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Sure, but you can't argue it's diminished. And you are diminishing the returns on a guy with already a very low buy rate, hence why I laugh at the idea of a player and prospect for him.
I'm not looking much into such an ambiguous statement, a player and pick could be almost anything.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

I feel like Edm. could use a backup goalie and I know just the guy
Old 08-29-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
BUT, wonder if Pierre and company will admit how wrong they were when Columbus took Dubois over him.
Jarmo's sure looking good on that call.