BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11691  
Old 01-12-2018, 08:33 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,734
Default

Is there such a thing as a Senatorial primary in California, or is it like their House elections where there is a jungle primary and then a runoff a la Louisiana?
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2017-2018: 27
Reply With Quote
  #11692  
Old 01-12-2018, 10:11 PM
ZeykShade's Avatar
ZeykShade ZeykShade is offline
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,468
Default

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...102-story.html

Kevin de Leon is running against her in the primary as well.
Reply With Quote
  #11693  
Old 01-12-2018, 10:24 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,734
Default

I looked it up... it is a jungle primary system. So, you could conceivably get Feinstein versus another Democratic challenger in the general election, which is what happened last time with Harris vs. Sanchez in the general.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2017-2018: 27
Reply With Quote
  #11694  
Old 01-12-2018, 11:30 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 6,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
So says you.
Here are just 2 ways to deal with the debt.

Want to bring down the debt. For starters allow those on Medicaid to work if they are able.


I love the Senator Paul idea of not sending money to those that are not our friends. Use the money for infrastructure.
So says math. Medicaid has nothing to do with your statement. You said you admit when you are wrong. Tell me what people said the debt from this bill would be evened out.
Reply With Quote
  #11695  
Old 01-13-2018, 12:02 AM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,734
Default

And thanks to Trump and his magical brand of poop hole diplomacy, our list of friends gets shorter every day, thereby further reducing the necessary foreign aid outlays! Itís genius!

Of course, the amount the US spends on foreign aid as a percentage of its overall budget is incredibly small and the percentage it spends on foreign aid as a percentage of GDP is meager compared to a great deal many industrialized nations.

But, by all means, keep slashing away at our soft power at just the time we need it the most with Trump killing our image internationally, and even though itís the equivalent of bailing water off the Titanic with a small bucket from a budgetary standpoint. It still says ďF you and your poop hole countries, dirty foreigners,Ē and thatís a message Waiver can get behind.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2017-2018: 27
Reply With Quote
  #11696  
Old 01-13-2018, 10:29 AM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Len Barrie's Fiscal Cliff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
And thanks to Trump and his magical brand of poop hole diplomacy, our list of friends gets shorter every day, thereby further reducing the necessary foreign aid outlays! Itís genius!

Of course, the amount the US spends on foreign aid as a percentage of its overall budget is incredibly small and the percentage it spends on foreign aid as a percentage of GDP is meager compared to a great deal many industrialized nations.

But, by all means, keep slashing away at our soft power at just the time we need it the most with Trump killing our image internationally, and even though itís the equivalent of bailing water off the Titanic with a small bucket from a budgetary standpoint. It still says ďF you and your poop hole countries, dirty foreigners,Ē and thatís a message Waiver can get behind.
More work to be done once the baby boomer "leadership" death rattle concludes.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #11697  
Old 01-13-2018, 10:56 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
So says math. Medicaid has nothing to do with your statement. You said you admit when you are wrong. Tell me what people said the debt from this bill would be evened out.
Funny you never asked this question when the last administration ran the debt up.
Reply With Quote
  #11698  
Old 01-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Funny you never asked this question when the last administration ran the debt up.
The last admin never pretended to be debt hawks.
Reply With Quote
  #11699  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:06 PM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Len Barrie's Fiscal Cliff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
The last admin never pretended to be debt hawks.
Republicans criticize Democrats for tax and spend policies, which they say are often misallocated and wasteful. Democrats criticize Republicans for cutting taxes while increasing spending on differently allocated wasteful programs. I'm inclined to say they are both correct, although recent economic history is far more on the Democrats side than the Republicans.

At what point do we start to reduce the yearly deficits and pay down the debt? I guess we will have to wait for a change in the House and Senate at minimum, and perhaps the 2020 presidential election.

Of course, we could always devalue the debt to make it easier to pay...

I think we tax too little for what we ask and expect the federal government to do. I'd prefer lower taxes of course, but I understand that with that will come fewer services provided at the Federal level. I'm good with that, I'd prefer state and local governments to do more of the governance.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #11700  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:21 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 6,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Funny you never asked this question when the last administration ran the debt up.
My question has nothing to do with administrations, and I didn't mention more debt being bad. You claimed some people believe the debt will be paid off with the economic boom. I want to know who those people are. You haven't answered it. Are you ready to admit that is a lie?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.