BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Conspiracy? I don't know if they're even aware of their biases.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
The refs have just been horribly inconsistent. Way more so than I can remember in a long time. I have defended them for a long time, but its to the point even i cant. They need to improve their ref quality in a hurry. We have the largest change from regular season to post season in terms of an increase in pk minutes. But make no mistake, most teams in the playoffs have also seen an uptick in penalty minutes. Hell of a time for the league to start calling minor infractions. The garrison missed high stick was just as absurd as the blunden and Callahan penalties. Plus with two refs out there, the zones have different penalties depending on which red is in tbat zone.
Imagine how the Isles must have felt when they were allowed to get away with murder after the whistle, all series; and then in the deciding game have zero wiggle room. Hilarious how they refused to adjust to that and continued to dig themselves into a hole.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Cooper's Law

Total and utter domination ... aided by an already defeated opponent that rolled over after the second goal.

Some thoughts:

• This was Cooper's best lineup work. Seven Dmen with no Nesterov. Sub out Blunden, sub in Marchesseault. The result was gaining a lot of speed up front and thump down low. I can see why Cooper wanted the bigger-bodied Blunden in there up at Barclay, but these lineup decisions were all perfect for Game 5 down here.
• Koekkoek has come a long way. I'm truly excited about what I'm seeing in him. As the confidence grows we can see the mobility coupled with a really strong and smart two-way game. I want more.
• I can't believe this is true, but even us Carle-haters have to admit that he's shored up his game in the playoffs. He's still slow as dirt, but he's playing so conservatively that you don't see so many glaring mistakes. And he's still got enough skill to create some offense, like his nice primary assist on Boyle's enormous goal.
• Greiss really fell to earth after an excellent stretch run and first round. I think that has a lot to do with our dynamic offense exposing the Isles' defensemen as a smallish, mediocre group that lacks a top pair, but he sure as heck didn't steal any games in this round.
• I have absolutely no idea who to root for when Pittsburgh hosts Washington for Game 6. One the one hand, if the Caps win it will extend the amount of time off we get, but on the other hand if they're good enough to come all the way back from a 3-1 deficit, I'm not sure I would want to face them in the ECF. If Pittsburgh wins Game 6 we don't get quite as much rest, but then they're clearly the scarier foe. I really don't know. I have to watch more of this Murray kid. I can't imagine he's actually going to keep this up and jump straight from the AHL to the Stanley Cup Final. Maybe we would be the first team that could actually keep up with the Penguins' offense. Certainly with Stralman back we'd have a better hope of containing their offense, and with Stamkos back we'd be that much more threatening. Either way I expect the ECF to be a bloodbath. Good thing our guys can still taste last year's disappointment.
• Speaking of which, I'm glad the old issue of our uneven effort didn't rear its ugly head at all in this one. There was no lack of intensity, no sitting back and playing timid like our Game 5 closeout of Detroit. Nope, this was a mature, battle-tested group with laser focus on stepping on some necks. Hopefully there will be no more baffling letdowns. We can't afford anymore of them from this point forward.

Last edited by Bolthed; 05-08-2016 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I want the best opponent left. If we move on, we moved on against the best in the East. If we fail, we get back up and try to get better for the next season.

So at this point bring on the winner of the Caps/Pen series as the media is already calling this the true Cup series.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

If this team gets 91 and 6 back, I'd wager good $$ that they have Stanley tanning on the beach. And I don't care whether its the Blues or Sharks in a final. Bish is our "Habe bulin" in this run, and he is standing tall.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Chainsaw Charlie

Send a message via AIM to MUDSHARK

Love your positive vibes.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:15 PM
The Bulin Wall

My only issue with Milbury saying good things about us is that he is always wrong about everything.