BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Default Bolts vs Flyers 3/3 1:00pm

Super early one

I doubt we'll get many details about the lineup before game time.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

I don't know if it's Cooper or Bowness, but it's about time that Yzerman has a talk with both of them about this Coburn-Sustr pairing. Every damn game teams are taking advantage of them. Yzerman sent a huge haul to Vegas last summer in part to protect Dotchin and Koekkoek, and instead of getting ice time and learning experience, they are wasting away in the press box every game. Sustr is a pending UFA and Coburn should be trade bait this offseason. There's no reason for them to be getting so much more playing time and game action over Koekkoek-Dotchin.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

My favorite Lightning Facebook comment ever- "My grandmother could skate around Sustr and she is dead."
Old 03-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Mighty Mite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
I don't know if it's Cooper or Bowness, but it's about time that Yzerman has a talk with both of them about this Coburn-Sustr pairing. Every damn game teams are taking advantage of them. Yzerman sent a huge haul to Vegas last summer in part to protect Dotchin and Koekkoek, and instead of getting ice time and learning experience, they are wasting away in the press box every game. Sustr is a pending UFA and Coburn should be trade bait this offseason. There's no reason for them to be getting so much more playing time and game action over Koekkoek-Dotchin.
This.
That pairing is an abject disaster. Bowness should be fired for professional malpractice.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:13 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I don’t know if its cooper that neuters our guys or what but why does our offense drop off at the 3/4 mark every year. I’m not talking about our scoring but our overall puck control and shots go way down after the half way mark every year. Feels like we have been outshot 2-1 over the last 10-15 games. I know the focus is on defense but it’s almost like we are way more dangerous when we just sorry about not offense and let vasy do his thing.

Just frustrating. Our defensive pairing makes no sense and We have been under 30 shots more times than not and we only that high because 80% of our games have been going to overtime.

The refs are on their high horse still. Dear God that Cirelli call has to be one of the worst.

Last edited by Scobo_24; 03-03-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
The annoying part is it's nothing new. They were ranked one of the worst pairs last year. Coburn has gotten significantly worse the past month or so, so they decide that now is the time to bring it back together again.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:25 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

And thent they go and score 3 just like that. Carry on carry on
Old 03-03-2018, 04:00 PM

What the heck did I just watch?
Old 03-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

It's nice to get the win, and Point and Vasy are on another level at shootouts, but it's not good how many times we are given up the tying goal late in regulation. McDonagh and Palat will help with that, but there needs to be a better defensive mentality and game plan late in games.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:25 PM

Was talking about this in the chat, apparently we only need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot.
Closed Thread