BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-31-2020, 08:06 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Bass seems like such an unforced error she makes Rice seem like a less fatal risk, which may also be part of this trial balloon's purpose because both Biden and Obama are very high on Rice personally and professionally. It will totally trigger the nutters, though, if Biden picks her.
I get that O and Joe worked closely, daily with Rice. But I see no good reason to pick her and breathe life into Trump’s attempts to frame Biden as corrupt. The fact he keeps vacillating between nicknames like Corrupt Joe and Sleepy Joe indicates that neither really sticks (I can’t believe I’m analyzing that fucktwat’s Twitter blatherings).

Bottom line is that Rice triggers ALL of the nutbag conspiracy theories. They’ll photoshop her eating babies on Epstein’s rape island before she makes her first public comment.

Just pick Harris if Michelle O won’t/can’t do it. She’ll be fine, even if she’s an opportunist. And she’ll be plenty progressive if she wants the big chair in 4 years.

Last edited by Bolthed; 07-31-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Man with many jobs, Jared Kushner, reportedly axed a national testing plan in the early days of the pandemic because the hardest hit areas at the time were Democratic states and he thought they could get away with blaming the Governors of those states instead of the blame being put on the President. Every death following that decision should be a manslaughter charge against him and whoever else signed off on it.
Check out the Chris Hayes show from tonight showing more complete and utter incompetency by Kushner in his actions. This involves millions of test kits ordered from China via an intermediary company based in Abu Dhabi which all the tests were deemed useless. They completely went around normal procurement procedures. The invoice is even signed 'WH'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA), a leading contender to be Joe Biden’s running mate, heaped praise on the Church of Scientology at a 2010 ribbon-cutting ceremony for a Los Angeles facility, The Daily Caller reports.
Oh hell no.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Needs to be groomed with an understanding the early call to the bullpen may need to come in 2024. It’s gross political negligence to assume a man who will be over 80 years old will be able to take on a re-election campaign.

Which is why you either need someone who already has presidential campaign experience, or a rising prospect. There’s no point in picking a caretaker VP.
If he wins he needs to stock his cabinet with young democrats
Old 07-31-2020, 08:35 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
I get that O and Joe worked closely, daily with Rice. But I see no good reason to pick her and breathe life into Trump’s attempts to frame Biden as corrupt. The fact he keeps vacillating between nicknames like Corrupt Joe and Sleepy Joe indicates that neither really sticks (I can’t believe I’m analyzing that fucktwat’s Twitter blatherings).

Bottom line is that Rice triggers ALL of the nutbag conspiracy theories. They’ll photoshop her eating babies on Epstein’s rape island before she makes her first public comment.

Just pick Harris if Michelle O won’t/can’t do it. She’ll be fine, even if she’s an opportunist. And she’ll be plenty progressive if she wants the big chair in 4 years.
The traditional political role of the VP is to be an attack dog so that the POTUS keeps their hands clean and they look presidential. I can't think of many people better suited for that role than Kamala. The perfect job for her, mind you, is AG and hunting Trump and his enablers to the ends of the earth, but her skill set is very good for VP, too.

The argument for Rice, I'll bet, is that Biden can stick her on a plane on day one and have her go around the world repairing our strategic relationships. But, you know, there's nothing stopping Biden from tapping her for Secretary of State and having her do the exact same thing with just a different title.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:38 PM

Ugh Michelle Obama references again. Okay, what qualifies her for VP other than her last name?

I’m a huge BO fan and this is pure idiocy
Old 07-31-2020, 08:40 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
If he wins he needs to stock his cabinet with young democrats
He is inheriting a disaster zone, so his cabinet needs to be stocked with people with enough institutional knowledge and managerial skill to rebuild what has been burned down.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive, but I consider the job fit for rebuilding the Executive Branch to be the paramount necessity for cabinet positions.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:19 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Ugh Michelle Obama references again. Okay, what qualifies her for VP other than her last name?

I’m a huge BO fan and this is pure idiocy
Without diving into a discussion about her policy chops or managerial skills, which are admittedly not as much facts in evidence...

Michelle Obama as the VP candidate probably leads to the end of the Republicans as a competitive national party in federal elections for a generation. Not only would she seal the election for Biden, IMO she'd probably ensure at least two more Senate seats get across the line as well as potentially sealing greater down ballot gains that would put Democrats in their best position in the redistricting process since maybe 1990(?). And that's before Democrats abolish the filibuster to (among other things) A.) pass a more robust VAR, B.) pass immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship, and (possibly) C.) pass statehood for DC and Puerto Rico, the effect of which enfranchises millions of American citizens whose voices Republicans have actively suppressed because, as the party of tacit and now overt white supremacy, they've never bargained how to actually compete for those people's votes meaning the lion's share of those new voters will be Democrats and make states like Texas and Georgia permanently blue states.

You want to ensure that a white nationalist demagogue with delusions of fascist grandeur like Trump can never rise to power in the United States again? Do the right things for little "d" democracy and give the people of color in this country their full franchise to vote in free, fair, and representative elections and the danger of a more clever Hitler fan boy than Trump ever coming to power goes away forever.

Because it's not Trump that keeps me awake at night. Trump's an idiot, and his incompetence has likely insured he'll go down as the worst POTUS in the country's history. It's the idea a decade down the road that someone with Trump's cruelty and corruption with someone like Dick Cheney's competence and cunning could come to power. THAT keeps me awake at night. THAT is what the evolution of the Republican Party as a malignant force in American politics is inevitably leading to. And if letting Michelle Obama skate on having some light formal credentials because her political power prevents that nightmare from ever coming to pass is the bargain I have to make to make sure America stays a country of laws and democracy, dammit all where do I sign?

All that said, I don't believe she will consent to run. But if she did, I'm dancing in the GD streets from an abundance of relief and joy.

Last edited by pete; 08-01-2020 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:25 PM

Come on, it’s cringey to try and sell her as qualified. She’d help the Democratic Party win in a landslide, no doubt, but it’s not responsible stewardship to vote for her. The candidate can’t just have her identity going for her and nothing else, not as VP. Line in the sand for me
Old 07-31-2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
The candidate can’t just have her identity going for her and nothing else, not as VP. Line in the sand for me
You would vote for Trump if Michelle O was nominated as VP? GTFO.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:03 AM

So is Karen Bass actually known for anything positive? I just don't see the point of nominating someone that isn't a name whatsoever and only has weird controversial things tied to her.

I don't like Kamala Harris much at all but she's still a better pick.