BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-26-2019, 11:17 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Great win boys!

Condensed game Open slot observations
3:42 Johnson missed assignment, left Bergeron wide open
4:22 Colburn too far forward and ldft Coyle wide open in front on the Serg turnover
5:38 No back check on looked like a 3 on 2....Carlo rips one from the slot and Vasi screened.
6:03 Marchand wide open
It is what it is, condensed game or not. We need to tighten it up a bit.

Wish I could watch the entire game, my circumstances do not allow it here in Maine right now.

On the good side, we have some offensive guns and I love it. Way to go boys.

BTW what the Pens did to us in the ECF was make our offensive guns play defense in our own end to limit our offensive chances so.....
Their role players were key to their cup win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnIs7mSOLH8
You watched less than 14% of the game (even that summary had 1/2 a minute of opening nonsense and period break screens).

Every team is going to look like shit defensively in a highlights package that shows all their goals against without much context. It's like reading the opening paragraph of a 5,000 word article and assuming you know what the entire article is about.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:10 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Hopefully we can get Stralman back next game. Bumping Sergachev back down to the third pair and knocking Rutta out will go a long way towards stabilizing some of the defensive errors.
I guess iím missing seeing Ruttaís sub-par play. You mentioned his skating. I canít say Iíve studied him directly, but he hasnít stood out to me to be error prone or weak in foot speed. I have noticed good judgement on the blue line in keeping pucks in.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I guess iím missing seeing Ruttaís sub-par play. You mentioned his skating. I canít say Iíve studied him directly, but he hasnít stood out to me to be error prone or weak in foot speed. I have noticed good judgement on the blue line in keeping pucks in.
He's had some issues with board play the past few games against the quicker and heavier teams. I don't think his play has been sup-par with his expectations. He's essentially a fringe NHL 7-8 defenseman and has played like that IMO.

My comment was more about getting Sergachev back down to the third pair. His pinches yesterday were a little over aggressive at times and led to a few odd man rushes. For whatever reason, Sergachev seems to play a more controlled game with Coburn than when he's with anyone else.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
It's like reading the opening paragraph of a 5,000 word article and assuming you know what the entire article is about.
Are you saying he made sweeping conclusions about something based on reviewing a very narrow and selectively edited summary? Who would ever do such a thing!
Old 03-26-2019, 02:15 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
BTW what the Pens did to us in the ECF was make our offensive guns play defense in our own end to limit our offensive chances so.....
Their role players were key to their cup win.
Boston only managed 17 shots on goal. The possession metrics say that if they were trying to play Pittsburgh's plan of forcing TB to defend, they failed miserably. Tampa Bay forechecked Boston into the dirt and the only reason Boston had any real shot in this game was unforced errors and puck luck. All things being equal, brain farts excluded, TB could've won that game 5-1.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
They were out in force and there was some dipshit behind us giving running commentary which got absolutely irritating as the game wore on. Plus the guy in front who was trying to make fun of the Bolts had nothing today at the end. I honestly thought we did not play a very good game and gave the brooms plenty of opportunities to win, but the brooms lack the depth to play with us and they revert to stupid and make dumbass penalties like Marchand did in the last minute of play.
The couple in front of us were both wearing Bruins sweaters. The woman was from Tampa, the guy from Illinois. Neither has been to Boston. I really don't get how you can root for another team if you live here.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:37 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Vote to add "gp's condensed games" to the list of user titles.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:55 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2min4cc View Post
The couple in front of us were both wearing Bruins sweaters. The woman was from Tampa, the guy from Illinois. Neither has been to Boston. I really don't get how you can root for another team if you live here.
Just had that very conversation with a friend who was complaining about that very thing. But he still wears St. Louis Cardinals crap at every baseball related event; he hasnít lived in Missouri for close to 50 years.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
Vote to add "gp's condensed games" to the list of user titles.
Probably watched the condensed games from a Holiday Inn Express.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 03-26-2019, 05:00 PM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Sergachev still has a long way to go defensively but so did Hedman at that age.
Sergachev is only 20 years old. He can only get stronger and smarter. He already can skate and shoot. We all need to give him some slack.
Believe big minute D pairs in playoffs will be Hedman-Stralman and McDonagh-Cernak.
Cirelli on pace to eclipse Pointís rookie year. It is amazing how these two players got drafted so late.
Lightning have the formula. Draft well and fill your lower lines primarily with ELCs and no aging vets.