BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

If Miller is so good, I still do not know why they would trade him to someone that is going to be in their division next year unless the price is steep. I just don't see Yzerman over paying.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Miller controls his fate by having a NTC. This whole thing is a rumor anyway, but it is gaining steam.

Rumor states he submitted an "8 team no trade to" list, meaning he's already identified 8 teams he will not waive his NTC to. Perhaps we're on it, perhaps we're not. One could speculate that he's identified 8 teams that are either not close and not gonna be close to contenders in the next 3 to 5 years. Or he's clearly identifying (eliminating) the 8 teams he feels he won't get a long term deal from next summer when his current deal expires. If the rumor is true.

Miller turns 33 this summer. He'll be just about 34 when FA 2014 begins. One could fathom that he's going to seek a 5-7 year deal as one last hoorah at a big paycheck.

Given the direction the Sabres appear to be going, and future payroll/contract decisions, I don't think the Sabres are going to sweat too much whether he's moved to another team inside the division/conference or otherwise... it seems that if the feelings are mutual, Miller is not part of the Sabres future and they're reluctant to give him a long term deal and they'll look to move him.

Hence, the rumor...
Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
yes
I realize, just making a bad joke. Carry on.

Remember, when there's no news, make something up. Isn't that the rule for mass media?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

And get away with it? Only on April 1st.

Wait....
Old 04-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Cooper's Law

Most of the "pundits" agree there's little chance Miller comes here. But ALL agree, and never fail to mention, the one glaring obvious hole in the Tampa Bay Lightning is STILL that net. The fact doesn't seem to escape anyone else. Here in the city by the bay, it feels like the black & blue glasses allow us to see this magnificent barrier in Lindback, suddenly making the kind of automatic saves he or any pro goaltender ought to have made this season but got beat on, almost every game with few exceptions. The glasses make the first and last couple of minutes in a game or period appear to go by without giving up a goal, they stop unscreened short-side wristers easily and handle the puck behind the net with calm poise

Maybe there's a team besides yesteryear's Red Wings that wins Cups (hell, makes the playoffs) without the need for solid, consistently topnotch goaltending... I'll believe it when I see it
Old 04-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Most of the "pundits" agree there's little chance Miller comes here. But ALL agree, and never fail to mention, the one glaring obvious hole in the Tampa Bay Lightning is STILL that net. The fact doesn't seem to escape anyone else. Here in the city by the bay, it feels like the black & blue glasses allow us to see this magnificent barrier in Lindback, suddenly making the kind of automatic saves he or any pro goaltender ought to have made this season but got beat on, almost every game with few exceptions. The glasses make the first and last couple of minutes in a game or period appear to go by without giving up a goal, they stop unscreened short-side wristers easily and handle the puck behind the net with calm poise

Maybe there's a team besides yesteryear's Red Wings that wins Cups (hell, makes the playoffs) without the need for solid, consistently topnotch goaltending... I'll believe it when I see it
Are the Bruins just so good at goalie analyzing, they can lose a Vezna winner, replace him with another goalie who is top 5, and oh by the way, have their backup in the top 5 in GAA? And are you that sold on Crawford and Emery? And did Fasth magically learn to play goalie at age 30? I think that all falls to defense, and to me, our biggest need is not goalie, it is defense. I just don't see anybody on our team that can shut down other team's lines. With Lindback, I think I could make a case that some of those soft goals could be put on him having no faith in his defense covering the guys in front of the net/on other sides for passes. Personally, I'd like to get some shutdown guys in, and have them COACHED TO SHUT DOWN (as opposed to bringing them in and coaching them to be offensive). Then if you can teach everyone some puck possesion, I think our goaltending will be fine.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
With Lindback, I think I could make a case that some of those soft goals could be put on him having no faith in his defense covering the guys in front of the net/on other sides for passes. Personally, I'd like to get some shutdown guys in, and have them COACHED TO SHUT DOWN (as opposed to bringing them in and coaching them to be offensive). Then if you can teach everyone some puck possesion, I think our goaltending will be fine.
That's a lot of ifs, but all we can do right now is hope you're right. No question the D is highly suspect; but the G also is and has always been, except for about three months, years ago.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM
XO Sniper

Bergeron pulled from morning skate.. speculation is he will be traded today. https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...97276389789696