BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default 12/4: Bruins at Lightning

I'll let Jester provide his usual TV and info you need to know...

Per EE reporting from this morning's skate...

Smaby's will play tonight, but while there's no word from Tocchet who will be scratched on the blueline, EE thinks it will be Lundin.

Craig will be in place of R2, who had a rough game with PHI taking some bad penalties. Vrbata still scratched, although it looks like his groin tweak has resurfaced.

Downie, Smolenak, and Szczechura back in, with Pettinger, Gratton, Halpern, and Roberts still on IR.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Cristodero seems to be confirming Lundin as a healthy scratch, although he could be picking up on the same vibe EE is:

Quote:
No Tampa Bay defensemen are injured but it seems Mike Lundin will be the healthy scratch that lets Smaby into the lineup. Lundin generally has been solid this season, but has been a little tentative in the past few games. And as coach Rick Tocchet said of the recent infusion of youth, "We have to get some competition in here."
Let the Malik crucifixions begin...
Old 12-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Lundin admirer that I am, I'd have to agree that he hasn't been too strong lately.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Johnny Shortside

Not the end of the world for Lundin. Not that I want Smaby learning from Malik, but they probably didn't want to have Smaby and Lundin together when they are both relatively new, especially with Lundin struggling a bit as of late. Sometimes a view from the box can help a guy.

Now, if Smaby plays well tonight, and Malik struggles again, then I think it is time to start calling for Smaby + Lundin.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Administrator

This might deserve its own thread, but DC also saying that Halpern has been cleared for contact and is basically targeting Dec 18th (Avs) or Dec 20th (Thrashers) for his return.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
This might deserve its own thread, but DC also saying that Halpern has been cleared for contact and is basically targeting Dec 18th (Avs) or Dec 20th (Thrashers) for his return.
Now THAT is some good news that this team so desperately needs
Old 12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Keefamania!

I am already calling for a Smaby and Lundin. I liked Lundin when I saw him in a college tourney in Fort Myers. He has been struggling a little lately but I hope he bounces back.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Old 12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov

Send a message via AIM to nhljohnson

Quote:
I'll let Jester provide his usual TV and info you need to know...

Per EE reporting from this morning's skate...

Smaby's will play tonight, but while there's no word from Tocchet who will be scratched on the blueline, EE thinks it will be Lundin.

Craig will be in place of R2, who had a rough game with PHI taking some bad penalties. Vrbata still scratched, although it looks like his groin tweak has resurfaced.

Downie, Smolenak, and Szczechura back in, with Pettinger, Gratton, Halpern, and Roberts still on IR.
Smaby officially gets a look-see. The kids are rewarded. These are good things.

Swapping Craig for R2? Meh. Both are struggling. It's Craig and his 6-8 non-descript minutes or R2 with his brief flashes but inconsistent positioning.

Regarding R2, I don't think Tocchet and Co. have quite figured out how to make him effective. We all know the transition game isn't a current strong-suit, but I watch R2 set up to streak down the wing during breakouts, but the puck is usually dished to the centers or wingers that are closer in. The puck has to get to him earlier, but that doesn't seem to fit the "system."

Anybody else have any thoughts?
Old 12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
BP Staff

I thought R2 on a line with Smolenak showed some promise early in the last game before R2 got whacked. Interesting blend of size, speed, a dash of skill, and surprising Euro-sandpaper.