BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-21-2020, 01:11 AM
Cooper's Law

Anyone else confused why the defensive pair to start the third period was Coburn-Cernak? Hedman came out on the PK so he must of been on the bench. Kind of an odd decision to not have Hedman out to start the period.

Kucherov seems to be getting a bit too careless with the puck again. Trying to skate through three Vegas defenders during a line change wasn't a smart play. Seen some nice plays made by Coleman. Good positioning and defensive work almost led to two breakaways.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:18 AM
Popcorn Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Anyone else confused why the defensive pair to start the third period was Coburn-Cernak? Hedman came out on the PK so he must of been on the bench. Kind of an odd decision to not have Hedman out to start the period.

Kucherov seems to be getting a bit too careless with the puck again. Trying to skate through three Vegas defenders during a line change wasn't a smart play.
Coburn was absolutely horrendous. Reaves manhandled him in that opening sequence and then he was right back out there to commit the penalty. I agree on Kuch. He is my favorite player but his turnovers are very frustrating.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:11 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
I agree on Kuch. He is my favorite player but his turnovers are very frustrating.
It reminds me of the difference between the way Marty St. Louis played as a younger player and the way he played later in his career when he was the master of the blind drop pass turnover from hell.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:02 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It reminds me of the difference between the way Marty St. Louis played as a younger player and the way he played later in his career when he was the master of the blind drop pass turnover from hell.
Thanks for triggering my PTSD.

With Kuch, I think it's a couple of things. I think sometimes he expects guys to be a certain place because that would be the optimal place to continue a play, only to not realize that his target chose a different trajectory. Other times I think he is overconfident with his abilities, a bit of a gambler's mentality. That confidence can get you otherworldly passes and goal setups, but it can also lead to odd man rushes the other way. As long as it's more the former than the latter though.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuchieMonster View Post
Coburn was absolutely horrendous. Reaves manhandled him in that opening sequence and then he was right back out there to commit the penalty. I agree on Kuch. He is my favorite player but his turnovers are very frustrating.
Cooper tried to change right after the 1st goal in the 3rd, but the refs wouldn't allow the change. While Kuch made the turnover, it was Coburn who totally misplayed the 2 on 1. He went to the puck carrier instead of preventing the pass to Stone.

And just think, he’s the one JBB signed for 2 years last spring.

Last edited by Donnie D; 02-21-2020 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:38 PM

I saw hundreds of Lightning fans in New York - New York, the Park and around the strip.

Guess how many Panther fans I saw today?

If you guessed zero, you would be a winner.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:56 PM

If you’re there for a day or so eat at Yardbird between Venetian and Palazzo and/or Sardelle’s in the Bellagio. Neither will break the bank but both are exceptional. We’ll be out there March 5-8 and will hit both. Been to Yardbird every time we visited in the last 5 or so years.