BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

You really think they'll move Conacher? I see Purcell being moved before him.

I can see Concher being moved next year, depending on how Connolly, Kucherov, and Namestnikov look.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
To further elaborate on that thought... Johnson's excellent debut probably makes Conacher a little bit redundant. There's only so many smurfs you can have, and IMO Johnson's looked like the better of the two smurfs so far.

Plus, Buffalo will surely overpay for Conacher because of where he went to school.

TJ is proving to be valuable at both ends of the ice and in faceoffs. I am excited to see him on PK as I think his quickness will really help with puck retrieval vs Boucher's preference of having big slow guys try and block every shot.

Conacher has proven to be a liability at the other end and while yes I love the story and everything else but like you said we can only have so many smurfs
Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
I think the discussion really revolves around which of the two is the better prospect. I agree, it is Killorn.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
To potentially solve the goaltending issues they've been having for the next 4-5 years? Hell yes. Where do I sign? Miller's only 32. Lindback can understudy to him, and if Lindback does well you have to option to trade either Miller or Anders once Vasya is ready.

If the team is going young at the skater positions, which is what you are telegraphing with the hire of Cooper, you better have a veteran goaltender behind them to cover up mistakes.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

Well I better get a Conacher jersey before they become collectors items....
Old 03-29-2013, 04:10 PM

It figures the one Lightning player I get on my fantasy team gets shipped off after less than a full season.

How can we afford Miller's cap hit, which is currently over $6 million?
Old 03-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Miller is NOT the answer.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:46 PM

Not that I'm dying to have Miller, but is there a reason you think the guy that nearly stole Olympic gold for USA isn't the answer?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
To further elaborate on that thought... Johnson's excellent debut probably makes Conacher a little bit redundant. There's only so many smurfs you can have, and IMO Johnson's looked like the better of the two smurfs so far.

Plus, Buffalo will surely overpay for Conacher because of where he went to school.
One problem with Buffalo though, is they also have a ton of smurfs in their lineup too, with Gerbe, Ennis, etc.

I'd still be hesitant to deal Honey Badger for Miller. I realize you have to give to get, and we have a surplus of blue chip forwards, but if the likely Calder winner is going the other way, Brewer better be carrying his luggage, and something else good / young / cheap better be coming back. Miller's making $6.25mm, which isn't cheap but isn't bad for his talent level, but based on age and such I'd be wary of giving him a Luongo deal.

Miller's pretty much guaranteed to stop 91% of the shots he sees, bad defense or not.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 PM
BP Staff

And a team with Steven Stamkos should do pretty damned well if the goaltender stops 91% of shots.