BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

It's an artistic challenge, in their defense. I mean in general for a Lightning logo - let alone a sweater. How do you really present something like Lightning as an icon? There are a lot of people who make valiant attempts but then fail in one degree or another in the concept.

Not saying these people know either the team or Lightning fans. My guess is the are hockey fanboys from the Great White North who needed something to do because the Maple Leafs didn't make the playoffs.

I think I have a copy of a graphic someone did years ago that incorporated yellow into the Bolts colors (Blue, Yellow, White, etc). FAIL.

Jeff Hand did some great graphic designs that used to make the rounds at the old Rivals.com Lightning site years upon years ago (I have copies of the crests, and the current bolt looks uncannily like one of the concepts or another), but it's subjective how much someone would like or dislike the concepts in general... But there wasn't universal revilement as is the case with the above posted jersey/crest concept.

I think the RBK Edge designs influenced the look a little too much, and the Lightning bolt looks more like a tornado with the current lightning bolt photoshopped into it's position on an already-existent crest design.