BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 03-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Overall it is a good game. The story(albeit a few plot holes) and action keep it rolling. Just the last bit kind of ruins it. Like "I Am Legend". I actually like that comparison.
Good to hear, it is the game I have been waiting for all year. Enjoyed ME and absolutely LOVED ME2
Old 04-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Noticed today the following games on sale at Amazon and Best Buy. Curious if anyone thinks they are worth a purchase?

Final Fantasy XIII-2 at $29.99 ($49.99)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning at $39.99 ($54.99)
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete at $19.99 ($27.99)
Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Noticed today the following games on sale at Amazon and Best Buy. Curious if anyone thinks they are worth a purchase?

FF 13-2 is good if you enjoy Japanese RPG's but even by those standards this one is a little wacky.

KoA, never played but it got decent reviews.

GTA4, if it includes the full game and all the DLC go ahead. That's a great price for a great game.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

KoA is that game developed by Curt Shilling (Boston Red Sox), I have heard good things.

FFXIII was pretty good, and XIII-2 was supposedly both an improvement and apology for the mistakes in XIII. But you should probably play XIII first....
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 PM

Amalur mostly got praise for its combat system, I know a few people hooked on it.

GTA4 is most sure bet of those three, although to be honest I never finished and couldn't get totally into it. I have a lot more fun with the far less serious Saint's Row the 3rd, personally.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:

Never played Final Fantasy so can't comment on that.

But am currently playing through Kingdoms of Amalur. And wow it is HUGE, am probably 80% of the way through, with 65 hours spent on it. It looks like an 80 hour game if you do all of the side quests and explore everywhere (theres a lot to explore). Because the areas are so huge it can get a little samey, but I find just when it starts to feel like that you move onto a new area so its not bad in that respect, I like the combat system but feel its maybe a touch too easy (I'm playing through on hard) as I have died a grand total of 1 times in the game. I am hooked on it however so any drawbacks are more than made up for by everything else, the story is also quite interesting. So if you have the time to put into it Amalur is definitely a good purchase if you like games of that ilk.

Played GTA 4 (not the dlcs) and couldn't get into it that much, hated the controls (the driving and shooting felt awful after other games) would not recommend it as there is no way in hell I could ever finish it, as I just got bored or the repetitiveness of it all.

Oh one more thing about Amalur, pretty meaty loading times, recommend installing it onto you're harddrive.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Never played Final Fantasy so can't comment on that.

But am currently playing through Kingdoms of Amalur. And wow it is HUGE, am probably 80% of the way through, with 65 hours spent on it. It looks like an 80 hour game if you do all of the side quests and explore everywhere (theres a lot to explore). Because the areas are so huge it can get a little samey, but I find just when it starts to feel like that you move onto a new area so its not bad in that respect, I like the combat system but feel its maybe a touch too easy (I'm playing through on hard) as I have died a grand total of 1 times in the game. I am hooked on it however so any drawbacks are more than made up for by everything else, the story is also quite interesting. So if you have the time to put into it Amalur is definitely a good purchase if you like games of that ilk.

Played GTA 4 (not the dlcs) and couldn't get into it that much, hated the controls (the driving and shooting felt awful after other games) would not recommend it as there is no way in hell I could ever finish it, as I just got bored or the repetitiveness of it all.

Oh one more thing about Amalur, pretty meaty loading times, recommend installing it onto you're harddrive.
I'm working through Oblivion right now with Skyrim waiting on ice. Perhaps KoA would be something up my alley.

I'm a big racing sim guy from way back in the late '90s when all the good sims were made. F1 2011 is fantastic and I've got about $500 invested in top-end German-made racing wheel/pedals hardware. I know GTA-4 isn't a sim, but I'm always looking for fun games to use my wheel with.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM

Pretty sure GTA doesn't support wheels. I suggest Forza 4.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Pretty sure GTA doesn't support wheels. I suggest Forza 4.
Ah. The probably seals it for me then. I do have Forza 4. Another gem.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
I'm working through Oblivion right now with Skyrim waiting on ice. Perhaps KoA would be something up my alley.

I'm a big racing sim guy from way back in the late '90s when all the good sims were made. F1 2011 is fantastic and I've got about $500 invested in top-end German-made racing wheel/pedals hardware. I know GTA-4 isn't a sim, but I'm always looking for fun games to use my wheel with.
Its not as big as Skyrim, but what is. I would say it should definitely be right up your street then.

And even if GTA did support pedals still wouldn't suggest it as the control was awful, worse than any driving game I have ever tried!

Edit: There is a demo of it on UKs xbox live. Maybe it would be on the US one too? Worth a look as that is what persuaded me to buy it!

Last edited by bassassin; 04-03-2012 at 01:32 PM.