BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 02-18-2020, 01:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Saddened? Yes. Surprised? Hell, no. Look at all of the ad revenue they are generating. I'll vote for him if he is the nominee, but I prefer ALL of the other potential nominees to him. Trump makes it a very low threshold.
Exactly. But he's no oligarch. Don't call him that!

Another thing I find amusing is the same folks who had a cow over Joe Rogan semi-endorsing Sanders are now telling us that we should accept Bloomberg. Motherfucker has 64 sexual harassment allegations against him and ran a police state in NYC designed to intimidate and terrorize people based on the color of their skin and gender. He has 58 women filing pregnancy discrimination lawsuits against him as well. He told one of them they should kill their unborn child to help their career.

I won't vote Bloomberg ever. I'm not a republican. I remember Kalief Browder. I remember Ramarley Graham.

Last edited by ZeykShade; 02-18-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
I won't vote Bloomberg ever.
And this is why I hate fucking Bernie Sanders and his fucking bro’s. They are willing to AGAIN screw over America if they can’t get everything they want.

Yes by all means. Sacrifice any chance at preserving a woman’s right to choose; sacrifice an assault weapons ban; make sure that white supremacists stay in power; make sure that voter suppression is again the law of the land; by all means make sure that more far right extremists appointed to the court; and make sure that our democracy is totally at risk of surviving. All because you didn’t get everything you wanted.

You know what? I’m not going to get everything I want if Sanders is the nominee. But I’m going to vote for him if he’s the nominee because the above is more important to me than Bernie fucking Sanders and because all of that goes away if there is a second Trump administration.

So yes. Be the good little Bernie Bro and rip Bloomberg like you did Clinton four years ago. Discredit everyone else that isn’t Bernie fucking Sanders. Keep working for Donald Trump by trying to tear apart the party.

Bernie Bro’s are like a bunch of petulant two year olds.
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.

Last edited by Donnie D; 02-18-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:13 PM

Today, President Trump pardoned Eddie DeBartolo Jr, the former owner of the San Francisco 49ers and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Eddie had pled guilty of failing to report a felony ( a bribe ) in 1998. He was fined $1M but avoided jail time.

But, in Trumpís world, there are no coincidences. In 1984, Eddieís father owned the USFL Maulers. The USFL, that year, played a Spring Schedule. The Maulers actually sold out their home opener in Three Rivers Stadium. Then, led by the brash owner of the NJ Generals, the league decided to go head-to-head with the NFL in the Fall. That move ultimately collapsed the league and led to its downfall. The first domino to drop was the Pittsburgh Maulers.

The guy who caused all the chaos? The owner of the Generals? None other than Donald Trump. Caused the collapse of the Maulers; and now pardoned the old manís son.
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:27 PM

That's an interesting way to think about the situation Donnie. Most Dems support Sanders according to polling in head to heads vs. the other Dem candidates including Bloomberg and that was before any real vetting of his campaign had begun.

The best chance to defeat Trump is a Sanders nomination.

You bring up the courts. Care to discuss Bloomberg's backing of Pat Toomey vs. McGinty(D) in PA? No? $12M donated to the Republican who helped get us Gorsuch and Kavanaugh as well as all of the lower court right-wingers?

There's literally no policy or moral ground for you to stand on in defending Bloomberg, a racist authoritarian Republican, for the nomination to the Democratic Party. If you want the left to vote with you, compromise on the FDR Social Democrat. If you're willing to vote for a billionaire Republican with 40 sexual harassment suits against him from 64 individual women to lead your party, anything that happens after that is on you. Don't try to shame me into voting for Bloomberg. That's incredibly rich. "You HAVE to vote for our racist, misogynist, xenophobic, authoritarian Republican instead of theirs!" Uh, no, I don't. You shouldn't either. If you're just fine with Bloomberg, you're really just pissed about Trump's manners. Bloomberg is Trump with better table manners and more money.

The man isn't "blue" and never has been.

Another thing, the "Bernie Bro" bullshit has been debunked entirely as Sanders has the most diverse coalition of support and has the most women donors of any candidate by far. Older African American voters are flocking to Sanders as Biden's campaign has circled the drain. Sanders has always had the young.

Come on and join us. There's still room. You don't have to sell out to a Republican Billionaire who is racist and sexist. Join Councilwoman Dalhi Myers. She was a Biden supporter and has recently switched to Bernie.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Also, if you're gonna try to shame someone into doing something like eating a shit sandwich w/ guacamole, don't coerce them with the threat of a shit sandwich w/o guac. It's exceedingly stupid to think anyone would voluntarily eat a shit sandwich at all when they don't have to. And if 2-year-old children are petulant because they don't wish to support a racist, misogynist, billionaire in the party that is supposed to be the #Resistance, then I'll gladly be one.

Last edited by ZeykShade; 02-18-2020 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:37 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
And this is why I hate fucking Bernie Sanders and his fucking broís. They are willing to AGAIN screw over America if they canít get everything they want.

Yes by all means. Sacrifice any chance at preserving a womanís right to choose; sacrifice an assault weapons ban; make sure that white supremacists stay in power; make sure that voter suppression is again the law of the land; by all means make sure that more far right extremists appointed to the court; and make sure that our democracy is totally at risk of surviving. All because you didnít get everything you wanted.

You know what? Iím not going to get everything I want if Sanders is the nominee. But Iím going to vote for him if heís the nominee because the above is more important to me than Bernie fucking Sanders and because all of that goes away if there is a second Trump administration.

So yes. Be the good little Bernie Bro and rip Bloomberg like you did Clinton four years ago. Discredit everyone else that isnít Bernie fucking Sanders. Keep working for Donald Trump by trying to tear apart the party.

Bernie Broís are like a bunch of petulant two year olds.
Try to remain calm. All of our GE votes are still hypothetical.

1. Zeyk lives in Cali, so thereís no risk of his vote helping Trump win there. And itíd be (hypothetically) just one empty protest ballot in the popular vote.

2. I doubt Zeykís influence is all that broad. And if we did a roll call on this thread of whoís voting blue no matter who, Iíd bet the number of people he would (hypothetically) peel off of a possible Bloomberg vote would be zero or damn close.

3. I can understand if you are frustrated with the mindset of someone who drags everyone not named Bernie Sanders, who has also asked if youíll vote Sanders if he wins the nominee. I get it. But try not to generalize Sanders supporters. Are there some Bernie Bros online? Sure. But we all have to find a way to discuss and debate without polarizing our own side of the aisle.

Letís see what happens in the Nevada debate with Bloomberg. I have a feeling heís going to go through some things, and maybe the media will even give him some scrutiny. And Super Tuesday is in two weeks. The field will narrow soon and I suspect weíll be down to three or four candidates.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:39 PM

Kickstarter Employees Unionized today. Were finally recognized by the NLRB.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kicksta...ay-2020-02-18/
Old 02-18-2020, 04:47 PM

"willing to AGAIN screw over America"

This entire premise is false. We can't be both powerless and so powerful we caused 80k Milwaukee voters of color to stay home and enough folks in PA/MI/WI to leave the presidential selection empty on their ballots to cover Trump's margin in those key states.

The candidate who you wanted, and I voted for, sucked completely. For all the talk of the Bernie Bros(created by David Brock and Peter Daou btw), it was your candidate's inability to bring out working-class and poor black people in key states that gave us Trump. It was your political class of elite servicing neoliberal wusses who depressed the working-class on the left and drove some of it to the right.

Nominate another wuss ass centrist who can't energize the base and attract the working class. See what happens vs. the rabid shitbirds on the right. Nominate a billionaire racist and see how many black&brown folks and progressives are enthused to vote.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Try to remain calm. All of our GE votes are still hypothetical.

1. Zeyk lives in Cali, so there’s no risk of his vote helping Trump win there. And it’d be (hypothetically) just one empty protest ballot in the popular vote.

2. I doubt Zeyk’s influence is all that broad. And if we did a roll call on this thread of who’s voting blue no matter who, I’d bet the number of people he would (hypothetically) peel off of a possible Bloomberg vote would be zero or damn close.

3. I can understand if you are frustrated with the mindset of someone who drags everyone not named Bernie Sanders, who has also asked if you’ll vote Sanders if he wins the nominee. I get it. But try not to generalize Sanders supporters. Are there some Bernie Bros online? Sure. But we all have to find a way to discuss and debate without polarizing our own side of the aisle.

Let’s see what happens in the Nevada debate with Bloomberg. I have a feeling he’s going to go through some things, and maybe the media will even give him some scrutiny. And Super Tuesday is in two weeks. The field will narrow soon and I suspect we’ll be down to three or four candidates.
Shit, I'd never sellout and vote for Bloomberg if I was THE deciding vote. Anyone else on the Dem side, gladly. Bloomberg is too far. I'm not going to vote for a racist Republican billionaire. Sorry. I'm not the only one either. Very popular online Warren supporters have switched to Sanders because of the racist spectre of Bloomberg. They will not vote for Bloomberg. It's too great an ask with not enough of a difference that it matters.

Last edited by ZeykShade; 02-18-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
And this is why I hate fucking Bernie Sanders and his fucking bro’s.
It's mutual. You'd ask us to vote for a racist and do it in the most condescending and entitled way imaginable. You'd do it while apologizing for a racist and expect us to join in and become apologists for his racism, misogyny, and authoritarianism. It's so remarkably offensive and goes far beyond any "mean tweets" or anyway you wish to frame it as "pouting for not getting our way".

Ask me to vote for Buttigieg. Ask me to vote for Biden. Ask me to vote for Klobuchar. I'll overlook Biden's racist policies from 35yrs ago. I believe him when he tells us he's sorry for the crime bill and its effects. I believe him when he tells us he is sorry for his Iraq War vote. Bloomberg STILL supports the Iraq War and enthusiastically endorsed Bush in 2004 giving a keynote address at the NYC Republican Convention. Bloomberg defended stop and frisk until he started his campaign for 2020. It's garbage. He's a racist republican.

"Winning" with Bloomberg would be a Phyrric victory.

Last edited by ZeykShade; 02-18-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:34 PM

Default Bloomberg is transphobic as well

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...comments-video

These comments aren't from 2016 when he was talking about Midwesterners and how they'd think of trans people. In fairness, Bloomberg did sign into law a gender identity nondiscrimination bill in 2002. But these remarks show his personal mindset, "he, she, it". When compared to Bernie Sanders, there's no comparison as far as civil rights for transgender people go; Sanders has supported equal rights for all since he was a teenager and specifically been an ally for LGBTQ+ rights since the 1970s.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Fitting that this talk is given at a Bermuda Forum. He's called himself a part-time resident of the tax haven. Speaking of that, he should likely release his taxes showing us how he went from $3B or so when elected as Mayor to being worth $62B. Clearly he was working billions of times harder than anyone else in the country.

Here's the quote:

Quote:
Throw the bums out, they haven't delivered, they didn't listen to us, if you go to the middle of the country, people would say. If your conversation during a presidential election is about some guy wearing a dress and whether he, she, or it can go to the locker room with their daughter, that’s not a winning formula for most people. They care about health care, they care about education, they care about safety, and all of those kinds of things. And some of these social issues — and not just the American government, the EU government does as well — we are focusing on a lot of things that have little relevance to people who are trying to live in a world that is changing because of technology and communications and things like that. And so you can understand where somebody like Trump comes from; you can understand when you look at the Democratic Party, they are so far left that two years ago there was nobody on their side who would take these positions, and today virtually all the candidates for president of the Democratic Party are so progressive. I don’t know what progressive means. They are in a place where some of the American public is, and it remains to be seen if the remainder of the electorate is.
So yeah, he is speaking of trying to sell Transgender equal rights to people in the middle of the country. He tried to walk back from these comments recently as well. Saying, "I regret that and I have apologized."

He's been telling us who he is for decades. He's told us repeatedly that he's a bigoted billionaire. He's spent $417M trying to reprogram people through advertisements. He's a liar. He's buying silence and complicity from hundreds of people and state democratic parties. Listen to the NYT Daily Podcast on it. This is disgustingly anti-democratic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/p...democrats.html

Last edited by ZeykShade; 02-18-2020 at 05:43 PM.