BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-01-2020, 10:48 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Clown describes our local beat writer better than it does the Buffalo Sabres.
Agreed.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
To be fair, the Lightning have kind of derailed their season two years in a row. We snapped their long winning streak last season and they imploded, and the same basically happened this year after the Sweden trip. Their the Eastern Conference version of Edmonton. Full of potential and never really deliver anything close to it.
I agree, but there is no excuse for a fan base calling out for their players to take out Vasilevskiís and Kucherovís knees as the game ends
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:02 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Beat writer

Maybe this young lady needs to take a course from Ms. Chelios, that might help. When I read her article this morning all I could ask myself is where the heck is the Sergy fight and how is he? She really likes to skip those moments that are momentum swings for some reason. But she shows her true colors when she complains that Marchand is left of the All Star list. Wow what about our Steven Stamkos? Stammer is surely more deserving and much more a paragon of virtue than that POS Marchand. But maybe she values the kissing bandit more than anyone else.
PS a very large portion of the people outside of Boston who don’t want to hear about Marchand live here in the Tampa Bay region.

Last edited by aapbolt; 01-01-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Eric Perrin's Dentist

She is a talentless hack and closet Bruins fan but let's be honest, Marchand being left off the team and even the final vote is a much bigger snub than Stamkos. Wishful thinking but maybe it is the NHL finally deciding to stop pushing a scumbag like Marchand as a face of the league.

Last edited by Iceman; 01-01-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:52 PM
Human Nerf Dart

Like or dislike Marchand that is a snub of a good player. I have a question I'd like to throw out there, seeing as how Ovi is going to skip the AS game and be suspended for one game would it be more fitting to leave him off the ballot for the next AS game?
Old 01-01-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Maybe this young lady needs to take a course from Ms. Chelios, that might help. When I read her article this morning all I could ask myself is where the heck is the Sergy fight and how is he? She really likes to skip those moments that are momentum swings for some reason. But she shows her true colors when she complains that Marchand is left of the All Star list. Wow what about our Steven Stamkos? Stammer is surely more deserving and much more a paragon of virtue than that POS Marchand. But maybe she values the kissing bandit more than anyone else.
PS a very large portion of the people outside of Boston who don’t want to hear about Marchand live here in the Tampa Bay region.
In fairness, given her deadline, there is no way she could report on the status of Sergachev. She has to write her story right after the game ends to make the morning paper. Given that I haven’t seen a report from anyone today, I’m guessing the team hasn’t released any information.
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.

Last edited by Donnie D; 01-01-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:18 PM

Yes objectively Marchand being left off is a bit ridiculous but her only reason in mentioning it was to out herself as a Bruins fan again I felt like. It was the only snub mentioned.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:57 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

I know there have been a few times the Bolts have come out and just tonked the other team by 5 or 6 goals... but this is the first time Iíve felt like they could finally get back to how they were playing last season. When they get angry and fired up like they did after Sergachev dropped McCabe, they can do whatever they want to do.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:12 PM

Dalton Smith just got waived.