BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 05-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Default SCF - Blues vs Bruins

AKA "Meh" vs. "Feck No"
Old 05-22-2019, 08:47 PM
Cooper's Law

On a scale of 1 to 10 of how interested I am in this series, I give it a 1.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:20 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

I may go all the way to a 3...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2019, 08:09 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

OT anecdotal observation. The two most racist people I know are from Boston and St Louis.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

Listening to Big Jab PM radio talk on the way home each night based in Portland Maine.

One of the afternoon hosts does not like Rask, but is eating his words as he has been stellar this playoff run.
They are also very big on their first line, going so far as to call it the best first line in the league.
I am thinking if Rask goes cold like he has in the past, the Blues win it.

On a side note, they are driving me CRAZY with Celtics/NBA talk. No, really. You have no idea. THE CELTICS ARE GOLFING (or whatever overly tall people do on vacation) and they have the Bruins in the Freaking SCF and most of the callers and one of the two hosts are more concerned with NBA Drama (Lebron / Kryie Irving blah blah) then breaking down their championship contending team. .
Blows me away.

BTW, they are also complaining about Finals ticket prices. The cheapest seat was something like $550. I heard one STH call in and his regular season price for that seat was around $55.
(Every time I looked this past regular season, I could not get in the building for less than $80)
Ouch.

The owners (Jacobs Family) also own the concessions in the building.

Last edited by gphockey; 05-24-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:04 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Bís got some puck luck, but nonetheless deserved the W. WAAAY too many really dumb penalties on STL. Smaller B defense held up. Blues have to punish and work harder below the dots..
Old 05-27-2019, 10:17 PM

Kerry Frazier lamenting the poor officiating in game 1 in which officials ignored several obvious penalties.

Itís Boston. Jacobs is the Chairman of the Board of Governors.

Boston got 5 pps tonight. Lightning got 6 in 4 games
ďTrump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.Ē Philip Roth
Old 05-28-2019, 01:16 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Not sticking up for B by any means, but at least three minors vs STL were obvious to me: the trip, the hs and the cross check. The cc on Sundquist was obvious and huge-big MO shifter. Bís were one of the least pen in the league all year long.

I will not succumb to the idea that the refs intentionally favor one team over another, in any game or series. They F up, you betcha, and some games more one way or another. They also miss calls with alarming regularity, even with two refs on the ice. But pure bias? Iím not buying it.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:39 AM

I generally donít either.

I guess itís pure coincidence that they missed Marchand licking someone last year, Chara slashing and breaking a stick on a St Louis power play or the non charging call on Krug and that they didnít miss 5 St. Louis penalties.

But it wasnít me saying it, it was a well respected retired official.
ďTrump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.Ē Philip Roth
Old 05-28-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
I generally donít either.

I guess itís pure coincidence that they missed Marchand licking someone last year, Chara slashing and breaking a stick on a St Louis power play or the non charging call on Krug and that they didnít miss 5 St. Louis penalties.

But it wasnít me saying it, it was a well respected retired official.
Saying the refs missed calls is way different from saying there is bias.

I think it was Weiss on the Podcast that mentioned talking to another official, and he said something along the lines of round 1 they let things go as they always do, and it looked like they got talked to about it after that round, and the refs no longer can figure out what they are supposed to call or not call. Doesn't make it a good thing (I have been as angry about the grey area put into the rules as any), but more of an explanation as to why we might see such wildly inconsistent calls. Keep in mind the league also already through refs under the bus and kicked them out of the playoffs for calling what looked like a headshot too severely. I'm sure that's in their minds as well on the hits.

I mean, for what it's worth, St. Louis has had around 9 more PPs this postseason than Boston with just 2 more games played.