BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 06-19-2019, 09:26 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
She would not even confirm where her desk/office was relative to DJT. If that isn’t obstruction and defiance in plain sight, I don’t know what is.
The House has the ability to start heavily fining and/or throwing people in jail for inherent contempt. They need to do so. Start with Mnuchin and go from there.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/democ...JBWLMJ8xi6ngGV
Old 06-19-2019, 10:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
She would not even confirm where her desk/office was relative to DJT. If that isn’t obstruction and defiance in plain sight, I don’t know what is.

Bottom line, we need way more than a sterile 9 minutes from Mueller. Subpoena his ass if necessary. And I don’t care if he is attacked or flustered by Jordan and his merry band of miscreants during his testimony. The stakes are too large to worry about any one persons’ sensibilities. If subpoenaed, I’m sure he will testify. Do it!!
She was instructed not to answer questions by Trump, clear obstruction of justice. He wants executive privilege without oversight from congress, you can't have it both ways.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:03 PM
Keefamania!

Default Los Angeles' homeless crisis reaching third world country levels, local residents say

Los Angeles' homeless crisis reaching third world country levels, local residents say

'The homeless crisis in Los Angeles is reaching a boiling point with 36,000 homeless people, a 16 percent increase over the last year, according to a population count released last week.

L.A. residents are frustrated with Mayor Eric Garcetti and claim his inactions and failed leadership has led to people living in third world conditions. “It is time, Eric Garcetti, that you accept your failure and that you step down,” Leading Recall Effort’s Alexandria Datig said from the steps of City Hall on Wednesday. “We demand that you step down before the citizens of Los Angeles recall you.”...'

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...country-levels

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 06-19-2019, 11:11 PM
Keefamania!

Default Alan Dershowitz: Trump 'perfectly entitled to invoke executive privilege'

Alan Dershowitz: Trump 'perfectly entitled to invoke executive privilege'

'..."As far as the current issue is concerned, all three branches of government have privilege," he continued. "You can't call a law clerk at the Supreme Court and ask the law clerk, 'What did you discuss with the justice?' Imagine if they tried to call legislative assistants of senators or congressmen, the same congressmen who are demanding that [Hicks] speak would be up in arms." ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ala...ump-hope-hicks

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 06-20-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
She was instructed not to answer questions by Trump, clear obstruction of justice. He wants executive privilege without oversight from congress, you can't have it both ways.
It was not Trump. She was quoted by the media that she doesn't even take his calls.

The instructions came from the White House legal team.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:

Bottom line, we need way more than a sterile 9 minutes from Mueller. Subpoena his ass if necessary. And I don’t care if he is attacked or flustered by Jordan and his merry band of miscreants during his testimony. The stakes are too large to worry about any one persons’ sensibilities. If subpoenaed, I’m sure he will testify. Do it!!
Mueller should had been the 1st subpoena issued. They should still subpoena him for a closed door session. If he refuses, for any reason, they need to try and enforce the subpoena through the court.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:40 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Like I predicted on here a few months ago, Trump is already tweeting and telling his cultists at the Dear Leader 2020 Re-Election rallies, that there should not be term limits on a President, and that his supporters will demand he stay in office after 2024 if re-elected.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sup...153511930.html

He will never leave voluntarily because of possible indictments, and even if he loses the 2020 election, he will stir up the cultists claiming it was rigged and foment enough outrage where they will demand he remain in power.

This will not end well...
Old 06-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Default From WaPo/Dana Milbank

Great column by Milbank. This statement gives clarity to Trump’s impacts on his supporters emotions:

“His supporters, lovingly embraced, feel as though they’re in on the joke; they know he often lies, but they believe he’s lying for them — lying to the liars. Us-vs.-them thinking becomes so powerful that the enemy’s humiliation can be more gratifying than one’s own betterment.”

The last sentence is the one that resonates so true to me. It explains a lot of the irrational thinking that is evident in the most strident Trump supporters.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:05 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Great column by Milbank. This statement gives clarity to Trump’s impacts on his supporters emotions:

“His supporters, lovingly embraced, feel as though they’re in on the joke; they know he often lies, but they believe he’s lying for them — lying to the liars. Us-vs.-them thinking becomes so powerful that the enemy’s humiliation can be more gratifying than one’s own betterment.”

The last sentence is the one that resonates so true to me. It explains a lot of the irrational thinking that is evident in the most strident Trump supporters.
If you think the other side of the political spectrum is your enemy, you have forgotten the motto of this country. E Pluribus Unum. Not In God We Trust, by the way. We put E Pluribus Unum on our money for a reason. A house divided against itself cannot stand. The Democrats are not the enemy. Republicans are not the enemy.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
It was not Trump. She was quoted by the media that she doesn't even take his calls.

The instructions came from the White House legal team.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...in-white-house

Quote:
White House counsel Pat Cipollone wrote in a letter to Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., on Tuesday that Hicks is "absolutely immune from being compelled to testify" about her time as a senior adviser to the president and that Trump directed her not to answer questions related to this time.